MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elk River Woodlands Trails Park - Sat 23rd - 10am

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Elk River Woodlands Trails Park - Sat 23rd - 10am Reply with quote

Hi All, I received this message from Michelle Bergh. She works for the city parks department and has been promoting geocaching to the city staff for most of this past summer season. She has gotten permission to run this event, with the city's blessings. If anyone is interested in attending it will be this Sat starting at 10 am. This park has some geocaches already in place. In addition she will be placing temporary ones for the event. The last time I spoke with her she was leaning towards a really kid friendly type of theme.

Hi Jim,

This Saturday is our geocaching event at Woodland Trails at 10am. I wasn’t able to post it on geocaching.com because there wasn’t some sort of social event attached. My supervisor, Bill, really wanted it at Woodland Trails and there just isn’t much there for picnicking or anything. If you know of anyone that might be interested in learning about geocaching or who is already a geocacher, there will be several out there to find. Feel free to pass along information about it if you’d like.

Thanks,

Michele Bergh
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coords? Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Elk River Woodlands Trails Park - Sat 23rd - 10am Reply with quote

kleiner wrote:
I wasn’t able to post it on geocaching.com because there wasn’t some sort of social event attached.

LOL -- doesn't she know that anytime two or more cachers meet up anywhere it turns into a social event Wink

I might bring the Things up there -- perfect weather for a tromp in the woods
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Elk River Woodlands Trails Park - Sat 23rd - 10am Reply with quote

Quote:
I wasn’t able to post it on geocaching.com because there wasn’t some sort of social event attached.

That, and the fact that it was submitted only one week before the event when the guidelines require two.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... elk river you say?

I'll see what I can do to attend, been a while since I've been up that way.

Oh, Centris, I got a bit of an early Christmas gift for ya. Just found it recently and thought I better get it to ya before you trade for one.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this in effect now?

Quote:
Starting next season 2005-2006 passes will be necessary to use Woodland Trails Park. Residents may receive a pass at no charge by contacting Elk River Parks and Recreation at 763.635.1150. If you haven't requested a pass or are a non-resident, daily passes are available for $4/person or season passes may be purchased for $25/person at our office. A drop box and envelopes are available at the park for the daily fees and donations. Passes should be placed in a window of your car or on your person if you didn't drive to the park. Please contact Elk River Parks and Recreation if you have any questions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a note to Michele regarding the Park pass. I'll post up her answer when I hear.

Here are the coords to Woodland Hollow, It's in this park and is one of the oldest caches in the state. If you haven't found it yet, this would be a good opportunity!

N 45° 20.531 W 093° 35.723
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the Park Pass, from Michele;

"Wow, people do their homework:) It will not be in effect for this event as it is sponsored by Elk River Parks and Rec."
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll talk to the family and see if they want to head out.

I was unclear by the origional post, is this going to be an orginized event with other stuff to do, or are people just going to show up and start caching?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fearbuster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Question Answered Reply with quote

This event is a cache only event. At 10am lists will be available of all the caches hidden in the park. There are 2 permanent ones at this time and several temporary ones will be added as well just for this event. Cachers are welcome to spend as long as they'd like caching at the park. If you don't get your fill at this event. There are several other caches in the area. There will be a couple of picnic tables if you'd like to bring a picnic lunch. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting up all of those caches !!

I think she said they would be out there until Sunday evening

Here are the coords of the Temps:

N45-20.417 W93-35.907
N45-20.249 W93-36.011
N45-20.305 W93-35.793
N45-20.328 W93-35.498
N45-20.435 W93-35.655
N45-20.334 W93-36.086
N45-20.285 W93-35.958
N45-20.303 W93-35.600
N45-20.434 W93-35.656
N45-20.527 W93-35.854
N45-20.321 W93-35.905
N45-20.236 W93-35.737

Great park, nice walk, even if it was a little rainy. Lots of stuff in the caches.

Thanks again Michele (fearbuster)!
TECGeoJim
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Nicely Planned Event Reply with quote

This event wasn't very well attended -- not surprising with the rain. All the caches were close to the trails and well-stocked with goodies. As temporary caches, these were set up as "take something but don't leave anything." Thanks for all your work putting these out in the rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: