MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyDoom worm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: MyDoom worm Reply with quote

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/01/27/mydoom.spread/index.html

The worm is contained in e-mails with random senders' addresses and subject lines. While the body of the e-mail varies, it usually includes what appears to be an error message, such as: "The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment."

My Norton Anti-Virus 2004 caught two of these today.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
SirPoonga
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a virus scanner, goto www.grisoft.com

AVG is awesome. It caught the mydoom virus for me:) I have it setup to update at 2:00am everynight to keep up to date. Hmmmm, broadband...
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norton will pick it up if you had 1-26-2004 update. However, we got it at work that same day and we did not have the update yet. Would have gotten it that evening but it was too late. One of our computers through e-mail had the virus come in over 600 times after I got the update in. Unfortunately I had to work on computers for over 6 hours getting the virus off.

murph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: