MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I even bother?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Hang in there man and don't let people like this get you down. Heck I was gone for two weeks with bugs and coins and I am NOW just starting to log thier journeys. If one doesn't like that.....too darn bad!

I agree. I do the same.
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight.

Those little numbers on tags attached to the basketfull of jeeps and coins I have been collecting can be entered into the system somewhere and make them trackable?

Well I'll be....
Posen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha!
KC, it's even easier the way I do it...just wonder aimlessly for an hour and then log a DNF whenever you want...no one ever seems to gripe about my inability to find a cache....
Bad_CRC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. ow. hopefully the (name witheld) cacher is a new cacher and not someone who should know better.

I can identify though. I saw a green jeep in a cache in my town last fall, and checked on it all the next day, finally going out at lunch, hiking through a wet field, getting all muddy and ruining my work clothes, only to find the cache completely empty, no tb no swag, nothing but a log book.

turns out someone had taken the jeep the day before and not logged it (they didn't log it for another couple of days)

No excuse for a nasty email like that though. This is a game, for fun, no reason to make it personal when it isn't. Just remember, this is a nerd's game... we're all geeks (sorry for those in denial, but look at a geocaching event photo sometime) and as geeks we aren't always the most socially graceful bunch. Very Happy

Sorry for your bad experience, don't give up just because of them though, I'm only now discovering the fun of travelbugs and trackables, and I'd hate for someone else to give that up because of one or two bad experiences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: