MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More TB delivery service!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: More TB delivery service! Reply with quote

Alright, I'm home from Seattle, got in just after 3am yesterday. Whee. I did manage to successfully drop off all 26 coins and TB's that y'all gave me, thanks for keeping me busy and I hope they all have some fun adventures! All the coins and most of the TB's have been picked up by other cachers already, one coin was picked up by Moun10bike - bummer I didn't know he was going to be there!

Anyway, I brought back 20 more for distribution - if anyone can help get these to any of the following destinations, please let me know. I'll be taking a roadtrip at the end of August and will attempt to deliver some close to their destination, and will at least get them into the proper State - those I've marked with an asterisk (*) but if you can get it directly there, please let me know - thanks!

Destinations:

*Brighton, MI
*Dayton, OH
"Athletic events"
India
"East Coast"
Dubuque, IA
*"Great Cities"
Australia
"Archaeological Sites"
Hershey, PA
Florida
*Fort Knox
Iceland
"Sunny Places"
Connecticut

Thanks,

-Ken
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take the East Coast one as I will be in VA soon, leaving the 12th of Aug.
I can get the CT and PA one to VA (possibly even closer depending on the free time we have), which is closer then MN, same with the FT Knox one. Sunny Places and Great Cities could also be gotten into to VA, probably VA Beach!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm let's see as a sports photographer I'm not sure if I'll be at any athletic events any time soon! =) Other than Vikings training camp, and most Twins home games... shoot me an e-mail I might be able to help out with at least some interesting pics before sending it on it's way...
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Hershey, PA in September. My schedule so far says I'll be there the 25th. I'm sure that I could also find a sunny place and a great city, but that Hershey TB looks great if it can wait two months or so to get there. It's a long way off and perhaps the owner would rather see the bug get milage instead of having me just hold on to it.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool, many thanks as always!! E-mails have been sent and arrangements are being made for quite a few of 'em, but the following ones are still "stranded" for now - if nobody can help 'em, I'll drop 'em randomly into local caches here soon:

-India
-Dubuque, IA
-Australia
-"Archaeological Sites"
-Florida
-Iceland

Thanks as always!

-Ken
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida in November but that's *way* off Sad
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Florida in November but that's *way* off Sad

Well shoot, you know the drill, I'll drop him in Bloomington and he just might circle the 494-694 Circle of Big Caches until you can pick him up in October! Smile Smile Smile

(I brought the "Victory Poker Chip" TB here from Florida, and it circled around for a year before I grabbed it at Moe's event and took it to Seattle, so it could happen!)

On the flip side, I found "Lego Racer" in London, and dropped him here two years ago. I think SB took him to Ohio, and he's been all over since then. I picked him up in Seattle again without recognizing him, what are the odds of finding the same TB twice while on the road? (He's heading East with Camo next, we'll see if I run into him again...)

-Ken
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
I can get the CT and PA one to VA (possibly even closer depending on the free time we have), which is closer then MN, same with the FT Knox one. Sunny Places and Great Cities could also be gotten into to VA, probably VA Beach!

I have a USA coin for you that needs to go to VA.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

I am happy to help. FSU Noles and Pfalstad we can meet somewhere or if you want to hand it to a weeknighter to give to me that woorks too.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:

I am happy to help. FSU Noles and Pfalstad we can meet somewhere or if you want to hand it to a weeknighter to give to me that woorks too.

Rats, I should have given it to somebody at weeknight tonight. I won't be there next week. Maybe I'll just drop it in a cache down south and you can pick it up if you have time?
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, Hold on to that Iceland bug for a few days, I might have a delivery for you (hand delivered).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: