MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday, August 2nd; 7:30pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday, August 2nd; 7:30pm Reply with quote

Ok, here we go again:

GCWPJH That one park over there

GCW2C9 Crosstown Exposure

maybe:
GCX7NW Forgotten Resting Place

Here's a map

Parking coordinates: N44 53.700 W93 15.180

Food: Fat Lorenzo's 5600 Cedar Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55417
N 44 54.040 W 093 14.860

edit of subject by SB to fix date

Last edited by GeoPierce on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH!! did three of the four of those on Saturday.... Sheesh, well they were all fun, I think you should try for the final resting place, interesting hide...

Good luck to you all, not sure if I will be able to pull this one off, but at least it should be a little cooler by then.

Later...
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be there!
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if I can make it or not. I will update Camocacher. Hope to see you all.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrest wrote:
DOH!! did three of the four of those on Saturday.... Sheesh, well they were all fun, I think you should try for the final resting place, interesting hide...

Good luck to you all, not sure if I will be able to pull this one off, but at least it should be a little cooler by then.

Later...

Sorry jrest! I noticed that some of the regulars had already done these caches. But the die hards weeknighters hadn't and they are all relatively new and close together so I thought they'd be a good choice. And the "Exposure" caches are exactly that, out in the open. I drove by the area tonight and it looks like fun. I decided to find Forgotten Resting Place and it is a good hide. Smile
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Ill be there!

Thought you said you were out for two weeks?
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries GP... summer has been pretty hectic, but I'm hoping to get back at the WeekNight deals by the time the sun goes down and the snow starts flying... Shocked

Have a great time all!!
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not to be a naysayer (especially since I can't even make the event), but for "Solomon's", when the cache description *itself* says:

"Just placing the cache I was questioned by a pair of Muggles wondering what I was doing with maps, a fanny pack and a strange electronic device I kept pointing skyward."

What are the odds then that they neighborhood might not appreciate a bunch of cars pulling in and people milling around after dark? I'm not saying it'll be a problem, and heck, having been to that cache I'd say you can even pull a string of cars up in front of it and grab it, but still...

Anyway, if you're in the area, why not try GCXA2Z "Power Lifting" at the same time? It's close to your target area, night-friendly (again if a little residential), quick, and requires no bushwhacking - plus you'll like the cache itself. Just a thought!

-Ken
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
Ill be there!

Thought you said you were out for two weeks?

Should have been more clear, the two weeks after this next week. The 16th adn 23rd I am in VA.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Hmm, not to be a naysayer (especially since I can't even make the event), but for "Solomon's", when the cache description *itself* says:

"Just placing the cache I was questioned by a pair of Muggles wondering what I was doing with maps, a fanny pack and a strange electronic device I kept pointing skyward."

What are the odds then that they neighborhood might not appreciate a bunch of cars pulling in and people milling around after dark? I'm not saying it'll be a problem, and heck, having been to that cache I'd say you can even pull a string of cars up in front of it and grab it, but still...

Anyway, if you're in the area, why not try GCXA2Z "Power Lifting" at the same time? It's close to your target area, night-friendly (again if a little residential), quick, and requires no bushwhacking - plus you'll like the cache itself. Just a thought!

-Ken

Muggles are less likely to question a group of people. They'll just sit and stare at us, like when a dozen of us walked out into Lake Minnetonka a couple weeks ago. Shocked No, I understand your concern and I looked at Power Lifting but it is 2 miles south and we usually like to keep them close together if possible. All four of the caches are accesible from one parking spot. Is there anyone else with concerns about doing these caches? If so, we could just do Final Resting Place and Power Lifting?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday, August 2nd; 7:30pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Food location pending. Yes, I will pick one this time. Smile

I would recomend Fat Lorenzo's if you are in that area.

http://www.fatlorenzos.com/
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday, August 2nd; 7:30pm Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Quote:
Food location pending. Yes, I will pick one this time. Smile

I would recomend Fat Lorenzo's if you are in that area.

http://www.fatlorenzos.com/

That's ok with me. I could only find Champp's nearby, but it's usually the beer drinkers that decide where we go. Guiness?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they have adult beverages, but I am not sure about Guinness, sorry. I can tell you the food is great!
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also Houlihan's that lists Guiness on their menu. Or Champp's as I said but I don't know if they have Guiness.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure whatever you chose will be great, I was just offering a suggestion, I have eaten at Fat Lorenzo's many times and I really like the food, authentic Italian. You might have seen it on the west side of Cedar if you head north, the outside is painted with pictures of different foods, vegies, etc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: