MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

event cache?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue2 and the old jarhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: event cache? Reply with quote

The Old Jarhead is retiring. Even though I hate him Evil or Very Mad because I'm jealous as heck, there will be an open house for him. Hopefully, most of my family will be there, many of whom are geocachers. There will also be a lot of muggles.

So the question is this, can I make it an event cache in order to invite other geocachers? It's the day before the bash for KB's 1000th so maybe no one would be interested but there are plenty of caches in the area and it would be fun to have a bunch of cachers at the party, too.

Comments, thoughts?
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the key requirements for an event to be listed on geocaching.com is that it has to be primarily held BY geocachers FOR geocachers. Piggy-backing a geocaching event onto an existing event of some other kind is in generally not allowed. One way to look at it is to ask, if this event is not listed on geocaching.com, will it still occur? If the answer is yes, it is probably not listable.

In the case you are describing, I'm afraid the retirement party does not meet the requirement to be listed as an event cache.

Surfer Joe
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's too bad, but it's kinda what I expected. Thanks for the quick answer!
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the ol' jarhead! Yikes, tho...here I am working 3 1/2 jobs, and my brother-in-law is retiring already. Sad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your brother-in-law is older than God. Will you guys be able to make it? Thinking 3 - 8 on July 15th, but come early if you can and leave late.

I wanted to make it a cache because I don't know if anyone else will be there Embarassed

I could put a cache in the back yard, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: