MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIA list..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Actually, we'd prefer if someone came up with an entirely new game instead but if someone wants to start a "Save the Lakers" fund we'll be happy to look into it.

How about a "County" game. All the states counties would be the game pieces. And as a result, you make all the out state caching communities feel as much a part of the game. With this game, someone (GeoPierce probably) could come up with an interactive map to show what counties you have found. So the map would fill in as you found more pieces. Winner to be determined by who has the most shaded in counties by a set time.

Just a thought?

Oh, I thought you meant that you had to travel to each county and find a cache but it's just like the Lakers but with counties. It's a possibility. Sorry Gilby, my brain is fried after solving your puzzle today! Smile Wow, I'm still the only one who found it.
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
They don't.

I don't play the laker game...or at least I haven't yet played it; but was wondering, if it would be acceptable for those that do play the game and wanted to all chip in some cash to replace a few of them? Perhaps those that enjoy the game could "sponser a laker" and replace one missing laker; assuming that a deadline was placed and all sponsered lakers were purchased at one time to save on production costs...

Just a thought.

I like this idea, but I am also new at everything so I have not played yet, But a new game is also a good idea. Just don't ask me to come up with one. It would take too much brain power. Sorry Sad
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

Oh, I thought you meant that you had to travel to each county and find a cache but it's just like the Lakers but with counties. It's a possibility. Sorry Gilby, my brain is fried after solving your puzzle today! Smile Wow, I'm still the only one who found it.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear. Yes, just like the laker game, but with a change of scenery. Plus, I think more people could identify with county names and visualize their whereabouts a little better than some of the obscure lake names. (at least they should!) That said, its not really a new game, just a tweaked one that may be fun to watch and play. I am not sure if the mapping capabilities is an option, but it sure would be fun to watch. Especially if you could look at the other players' maps.

Once again, just a thought?
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the new game thought:

There is a county near me,Wilkin-that doesn't even have a cache-extra points could be for hiding the first Smile
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

former hawkeye wrote:
On the new game thought:

There is a county near me,Wilkin-that doesn't even have a cache-extra points could be for hiding the first Smile

My guess is that it has a cache already, but it just isn't posted yet...... Isn't that right KB? Wink
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB-better hustle out to Breckridge (Wilkin Co.) I just might put one there! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: