MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the------------

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJTRACKERS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: What the------------ Reply with quote

A friend of mine who is interested in geocaching tried to download an upgrade to his Etrex Vista and now it does not have any right movement
on the joystick. No panning on the map and no right on the menu items.
Is there anyone who has had this problem that can help or does the unit have to go to Garmin for fixing? Thanks
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to replace my etrex Legend because of this EXACT problem. I suspect that it doesn't have anything to do with the uploading part but more with the actual little clix stick. I was able to make mine work if I stuck my fingernail way down on the bottom of it, but only some of the time. It did exactly what you described, no right movement.

I had a warranty through the store I bought it at so I just replaced it that way. Word is that these are known to have problems with the clix stick. Good luck to your friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: