MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Martin County/Iowa Border Counties?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
5lakes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Martin County/Iowa Border Counties? Reply with quote

Greetings!

I've been browsing the web site for some time. I finally decided to join.

I've found a few caches and have plans for more this summer. I've taught compass courses and now GPS/Geocaching to Boy Scouts.

I'm working on a multi-puzzle type of cache and our Scouts are thinking about placing some. I've talked with another cacher about setting some to grab people off the interstate and into town.

Our area of concentration will be Martin/Jackson/Faribault counties. Before I approach the city/county park departments, I was wondering if I would be duplicating anyone else's efforts. We do have some caches, two of which are in a beautiful city park. They are well within the guidelines.

One of my projects will be to have a mutli-stage that visits several city parks with only the final stage having an actual cache. I'd also like to develop something for our lesser used county parks.

Any help/advice for opening a dialog with our local park departments?

Thanx,

5lakes
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Martin County/Iowa Border Counties? Reply with quote

5lakes wrote:
I've been browsing the web site for some time. I finally decided to join.

Welcome!

Quote:
Our area of concentration will be Martin/Jackson/Faribault counties. Before I approach the city/county park departments, I was wondering if I would be duplicating anyone else's efforts. We do have some caches, two of which are in a beautiful city park. They are well within the guidelines.

Quote:
Any help/advice for opening a dialog with our local park departments?

Many folks (maybe most) don't approach the park departments first. It's an issue of debate, and not one I want to restart here now. Unless it's regulated or banned from a park, most folks have placed caches in parks. Many of the other activities that you may do in parks are not explicitly allowed, and so it is with geocaching.

My other suggestion regarding duplicating efforts of other area cachers is that you may want to email other cache hiders in your area through the geocaching.com site. You may even want to point them to the MnGCA forums if you like. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: