MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweet #100!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Sweet #100! Reply with quote

Yesterday, we activated our 100th Travel Bug! I've been agonizing over this one, whether to release it or not, knowing I'd never see it again - but I figured I've gone this far, I might as well go all the way. So, ALL the coins on my profile will be traveling soon, including this one.

I actually felt physical pain when I took a drill to this coin. In fact, it pains me now to think of it! *sigh* Again, that can't be a healthy sign, but at least it was quick. If the cache will hold it, I will be releasing it this afternoon - please take good care of this one! Thanks,

-Ken

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=376412

celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...very sweet coin! Added to watchlist to see where it goes Smile

Celticwulf
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as of right now, it's in a Paklid puzzle cache! Wink It didn't quite fit, so I improvised and gambled that it wouldn't be there long. A couple of people have asked what makes this coin special to me - I think it's a combination of good memories of that area from visiting last year, and the rarity of the coin. There were three metals, ~15 in gold and ~35 were minted in copper. With the very few that were made, they were snapped up immediately, and are pretty hard to come by - it's one of a handful of coins you can count on selling for a tidy profit, that's why it hurt to drill that big ol' hole in it. But I suspect that won't stop someone who REALLY wants one anyway, but it was worth a shot. Have fun trackin' it down, and thanks for taking good care of it!

-Ken
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Well as of right now, it's in a Paklid puzzle cache! Wink It didn't quite fit, so I improvised and gambled that it wouldn't be there long.

If you did what I think you did, I sure hope the coin is in a slab... Smile
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:

LOL no, it's too big to be slabbed, it's in a vinyl flip inside a plastic bag. With 5 people watching it, I actually thought it'd be LONG gone before I got home from the dock, fishing with the kidlets tonight - but to my surprise, it appears to still be there. I *did* however get a super-funny piece of hate-mail from a cacher who hasn't solved the puzzle yet, AND I got a call from an anonymous cacher who wanted to log the coin without seeing it. I must've underestimated how fast people would get there, I think it'll still be ok even if it rains - but if it gets wet, the coin will still be fine, and I can mail a replacement paper insert to the next person to pick it up (if it needs it). Ah well, what can ya do? Cheers,

-Ken
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

LOL no, it's too big to be slabbed, it's in a vinyl flip inside a plastic bag. With 5 people watching it, I actually thought it'd be LONG gone before I got home from the dock, fishing with the kidlets tonight - but to my surprise, it appears to still be there. I *did* however get a super-funny piece of hate-mail from a cacher who hasn't solved the puzzle yet, AND I got a call from an anonymous cacher who wanted to log the coin without seeing it. I must've underestimated how fast people would get there, I think it'll still be ok even if it rains - but if it gets wet, the coin will still be fine, and I can mail a replacement paper insert to the next person to pick it up (if it needs it). Ah well, what can ya do? Cheers,

-Ken

It was NOT exactly hate mail...not exactly anyway Confused

Stupid puzzle...both Lucid and I stared at it last night at Granite City after seeing Xmen 3 and could not figure it out yet...still trying...I know the basic area it is in now, but still frustrating Laughing

It will be fine there I am sure...now if I can just figure out the puzzle Shocked

Celticwulf
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
fsu*noles wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

-Ken

It was NOT exactly hate mail...not exactly anyway Confused

Stupid puzzle...both Lucid and I stared at it last night at Granite City after seeing Xmen 3 and could not figure it out yet...still trying...I know the basic area it is in now, but still frustrating Laughing

It will be fine there I am sure...now if I can just figure out the puzzle Shocked

Celticwulf

HAHA HA HA HA HAHA HA I have it I Have it!!!!
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:

HAHA HA HA HA HAHA HA I have it I Have it!!!!

The coin or the puzzle?

Already knew you got the puzzle from Team Rocket 4, but wasn't sure if people who'd already found the cache would run back for the coin or not Wink

*still working on it til I know more*

Celticwulf
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA PUZZLE. I would go back for it but after yesterdays 7.6 mile hike for a coin my feet can't do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: