MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Google maps on Geocaching.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonslay
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: New Google maps on Geocaching.com Reply with quote

I may be missing this but how do you print the new gooogle maps on geocaching.com web site. The new maps show all the caches in the area but am not seeing a print function and screen print really does a poor job.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geocaching Websites.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: New Google maps on Geocaching.com Reply with quote

Dragonslay wrote:
I may be missing this but how do you print the new gooogle maps on geocaching.com web site. The new maps show all the caches in the area but am not seeing a print function and screen print really does a poor job.

I haven't been playing with printing the new google maps, but I have noticed the poor job when I just print the standard directions type Google map. One way to get around this is to still use the old geocaching maps from the link on the cache's web page. This works best if you're a premium member because you can pan and zoom the maps, although they aren't as easy to use as the google maps.

Anyone else have a better way to print out the google maps?

Celticwulf
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: New Google maps on Geocaching.com Reply with quote

Dragonslay wrote:

Worst case, File/Print from the main browser window, or Ctrl-P - better than a screen print, but won't fill up the page with the map...
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use Rand McNally selection listed on for online maps. Really helps me find out which side of a River to start my search. I learned the hard way Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: