MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GSAK Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: GSAK Problems Reply with quote

Ok here we go again what am I doing wrong, I am not sure if there is a thread already started about this, if there is please move it to the right spot.

I am using Cachemate and GSAK as software and this is I am at. I get my PQ downloaded and save my them to my documents.

I drag the zip file from my documents to the GSAK icon and I get the GSAK/LOC file window. I click OK and the down loading starts I get the red bars indicating the down load progress at the end of that I get load summary window indicating the load was successful. And I click OK.

I go up to the file icon on the tool bar and click on it and drag my cursor to export icon and then I click on Cachemate PDB file, and I get the Export Cachemate PDB file window with all the option are checked this was the default how I got the software then I click on generate.

Then I get an error window message stating you cannot create a file here, that folder does not exist.

What am I doing wrong it work fine before I must of click on some thing and cant figure it out.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Export window, where it says "PDB File to Create", what filename does it say there? You have to pick a filename and a folder to put it in. Click on the little folder-arrow icon on the right side of the text box there, and pick a location (desktop is fine, or my documents, or whatever) and a file name (caches.pdb is fine). Then you should be able to click Generate.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick, Thank You pfalstad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: