MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New log type: "Discovered it"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
drat19 wrote:
"Back in the day", it was possible for a determined cacher to "clear out an area", and then if he/she wanted to find more caches, he/she would have to (gasp!) DRIVE FURTHER! Now, in an urban setting, we hear folks b*tch when they have to drive more than around 5 miles.

Well that's true, it sure is a drag to listen to somebody b*tch.. Smile But if you want to drive further, drive further. Why is it bad to have more caches? I don't want to spend my spare time in the car wasting gas.

It's not bad to have more caches if they're worthwhile and/or in worthwhile locations. Yet another black-painted Altoids tin 0.1 mile from the next one along a trail or under another random bridge is not worthwhile, in my opinion. Your opinion may vary.

I don't want this thread to spiral off onto this subject again, so we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree. However, thank you for perfectly making my point in your response.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinkinhg this new DISCOVERED IT will be good for us when we are doing a caching trip- like our last one(month long)- In the past I have left large Tbugs because I didn't want to carry them, and left bugs because I couldn't get them closer to their goal or find one and leave it because I know I won't be able to move it within the 2 weeks period suggested. This will give me a chance to get credit and not move it- I still will move Tbugs if I can get them closer to a goal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: