MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

Hey, anyone heading towards or near Texas in the next six months? (I'm patient) LMK, I have a coin I'd like to send that way...pm or e-mail me, thanks!

-Ken
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about Texas but we do have a direct pipeline to Mississippi for at least the next few weeks.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that might work, lemme see if anyone is heading there directly, otherwise I might have to send a hitchiker with Drat! Smile Thx,

-Ken
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing CA in August and NJ, SC, and GA in July if anyone has any bugs they want me to bring to those places.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I'll be doing CA in August and NJ, SC, and GA in July if anyone has any bugs they want me to bring to those places.

Hey, quit hijacking my thread, start your own! Laughing I don't have a TB for SC or GA, but I will have a coin that I'd like to get down there. Are you boycotting coins entirely, or will you carry one down?

FYI, I'm heading for 10 days in Seattle starting July 20th, anyone has a TB or coin they want to me to drop there, lmk. I already have two TB's who's goal is to reach that area, and will post a new official thread sometime near the end of May. Thanks!

-Ken
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Hey, quit hijacking my thread, start your own! Laughing

It wasn't my intent, I swear Smile

Quote:
I don't have a TB for SC or GA, but I will have a coin that I'd like to get down there. Are you boycotting coins entirely, or will you carry one down?

I'll tell you where I put it and you can log it in there yourself. Will that work?
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Hmm, that might work, lemme see if anyone is heading there directly, otherwise I might have to send a hitchiker with Drat! Smile Thx,

-Ken

Just let me know, or show up at WNC within the next few weeks (except for this week, which I'm missing). I drop TBs/coins at a well-traveled TB Hotel along I-10 near my home in So. Miss...lots of TBs get carried straight to TX from there.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Hey, anyone heading towards or near Texas in the next six months? (I'm patient) LMK, I have a coin I'd like to send that way...pm or e-mail me, thanks!

I will be in Oklahoma City in June. I am seriously considering a weekend trip from there to Dallas, but even if I don't, OKC is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Dallas..
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be driving to SE Missouri May 12 if that's of any help.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I will be in Oklahoma City in June. I am seriously considering a weekend trip from there to Dallas, but even if I don't, OKC is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Dallas..

That'll definitely do...thanks, Pear Head! It's a Texas Bluebonnet coin we'd like to have visit a massive list of places in Texas that my wife and I have seen (and few we haven't), so we'll be watching with interest. I hadn't known until yesterday that there were people actually boycotting coins (still don't get that one??) so hopefully it's not a problem - but if it is, lmk and I'm sure I can find a way.

Rubbertoes, I have handful of active coins coming in the mail from the U.K., from a cacher who wants to start 'em in the States - if they arrive over the weekend, I'll definitely send one over to ya to drop, if that's ok?

Thanks as always!!

-Ken
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
I hadn't known until yesterday that there were people actually boycotting coins (still don't get that one??) so hopefully it's not a problem - but if it is, lmk and I'm sure I can find a way.

Do Yeti's count as people?

Celticwulf
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
I hadn't known until yesterday that there were people actually boycotting coins (still don't get that one??)

Everyone plays their own game. Mine doesn't include "collecting" items that were at one time meant for travel just so I can get another icon in my stats.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Everyone plays their own game. Mine doesn't include "collecting" items that were at one time meant for travel just so I can get another icon in my stats.

LOL I'm not saying it was good or bad, it was just a surprise to me. I can understand why you'd boycott a coin that wasn't really moving, it's extending that boycott to a coin that's really in the wild that I don't get. The coin I'm sending to Texas is meant to travel, but you won't take it just because you don't want the icon? That's strange to me - if you saw a coin in a cache, please tell me you'd leave it there and not "dispose" of it like some people hinted at during the original Yellow Jeep run?

For icon spew though, you can blame me. As I stated in an earlier post, pfalstad guilted me into it! Smile So I've turned over almost ALL my coins into a traveling collection for everyone to enjoy - I'm still writing descriptions and assigning missions for most of them, but I'll have 28 coins in the wild within the next two weeks, 20 starting in the Twin Cities, 12 of them already out there and circulating right now in the S-SW metro. So hopefully anyone who wants to see a coin or two will have a chance now! But I *am* keeping four coins to myself, for sentimental or rarity reasons (only 35 made of one), but will bring them to Events if anyone wants to see 'em in person.

Anyway, as ya said, everyone does this for their own reasons, and has fun in their own way, and this is definitely one of mine. Smile

-Ken
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heading to Texas anytime soon? Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
if you saw a coin in a cache, please tell me you'd leave it there and not "dispose" of it like some people hinted at during the original Yellow Jeep run?

I don't bother with most TBs in caches either -- unless I know I'm going somewhere that I can put a bunch of miles on it or drat can't make it to WNC and wants me to move them along for him.

Quote:
Anyway, as ya said, everyone does this for their own reasons, and has fun in their own way, and this is definitely one of mine. Smile

Awesome. Happy cachin'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: