MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chippewa Valley, WI EVENT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent1915
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Chippewa Valley, WI EVENT Reply with quote

Yes, yes, a foreigner on your boards!!! A Wisconsinite at that! But, I am here with news of event open to ya'll too!

The Chippewa Valley Convention and Tourism Bureau has recently taken a liking to Geocaching and has decided to host an event that will run roughly from May 8 to June 15. The event will feature over 30 unique caches hidden just for this event (are not going to be listed on gc.com until AFTER the event - most of them, anyway) featuring unique and distinct places in the Chippewa Valley; Menomonie, Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls. The idea is to draw cachers and new cachers to the area to see all the Chippewa Valley has to offer. You do not have to buy anything.

Each cache, while having typical swag and logs, will also have a unique paper punch. Cachers playing will need to review and consent to a disclaimer and then download a passbook from the Chippewa Valley CVB website (www.chippewavalley.net) that has all the coords and other information in them. Once you find a cache and sign the log, you punch your passbook. After you find them all, or all you want to find, you mail in your passbook.

What is the draw? Each cache you find equals one entry into drawings. You get bonus entry for finding them all (COMPLETE DETAILS WILL BE ON WEBPAGE for CVB). Prizes to be won tentatively include a new COLOR GPSr package, camping equipment, mountain bike, packages from local businesses, etc. Again, details will be listed.

ALSO, the first something like 500 entries will receive a geocoin commissioned and struck for this event! Again, complete details to follow.

Finally, the caches have been hidden by local cachers including people like bnb, bobcatw98, zuma!, me, White Pine and a couple more. After the event is over, the most of the caches will be submitted for approval to GC.com for approval and you will be able to get smilies as well!

.GPX file is being developed as well for your convenience.

Questions? Email me. Or, check http://www.chippewavalley.net for more details and passbook!
kent1915
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Chippewa Valley Event Reply with quote

Website goes live at 12:01 a.m. on 5/8. Passbook and GPX file will be available for download from website at http://www.chippewavalley.net

Books also available at the bureau.

Custom geocoins free to the first 500 entries with at least one cache found.

Prize packages include ETrex Legend C with Toposoftware, cables, mount; limited edition Leinies Honeyweiss Mountain bike; Coleman Instantstart stove and cookwear, tent, etc.
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though some people here in MN think that I am a trader, I let some people in WI where I work know and they are going to go out. Thanks for letting us know.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Chippewa Valley Event Reply with quote

kent1915 wrote:
Website goes live at 12:01 a.m. on 5/8. Passbook and GPX file will be available for download from website at http://www.chippewavalley.net

Books also available at the bureau.

Custom geocoins free to the first 500 entries with at least one cache found.

Prize packages include ETrex Legend C with Toposoftware, cables, mount; limited edition Leinies Honeyweiss Mountain bike; Coleman Instantstart stove and cookwear, tent, etc.

CRUD!! the site could at least go live on Saturday night...stupid having to work during the week...I so want a crack at the bike Wink We'll see what I can do to at least be one of the first 500...

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The even opend at Midnight Today...so it's open now, if anyone wants to register for it, you can do so now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
The even opend at Midnight Today...so it's open now, if anyone wants to register for it, you can do so now.

Zman! SHHHH!!! We don't want them registering so we have a better chance at the prizes!!! Cool

Oh, wait, did I say that out loud...no prizes here...nothing to see...move along.... Twisted Evil

Celticwulf
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
sir_zman wrote:

Zman! SHHHH!!! We don't want them registering so we have a better chance at the prizes!!! Cool

Oh, wait, did I say that out loud...no prizes here...nothing to see...move along.... Twisted Evil

Celticwulf

I'm registered. You can have my old bike when I win the new one. Smile
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You saw how much trouble I had on the WeekBIKE trip, maybe I should win the new bike...might help me...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered; if I can't make it down with you guys, I'll be going it alone or I'll have others in tow.

This sounds like fun!
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
You saw how much trouble I had on the WeekBIKE trip, maybe I should win the new bike...might help me...

No, celtic needs a new bike more. Smile
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it PolarOne! I am now registered too.
accordiongal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Who is available to go caching on Friday, May 12 to the Chippewa Valley? My day off.
Accordiongal
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accordiongal wrote:
Hello,
Who is available to go caching on Friday, May 12 to the Chippewa Valley? My day off.
Accordiongal

Do you have auto-routing on your gps? Smile
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aiming to head over there Friday after work leaving the TC at about 5:30, caching until I run out of batteries, finding a motel, then caching the remainder in the morning.
accordiongal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
accordiongal wrote:
Hello,
Accordiongal

Do you have auto-routing on your gps? Smile

Umm, don't know, there are maps on it. Might be a good reason to invest in something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: