MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duluth Area Geocaching Meeting (this is #3!), April 7, 2006.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Duluth Area Geocaching Meeting (this is #3!), April 7, 2006. Reply with quote

GCTMJY

This year's event is being hosted at WITC across the bridge in Superior. See the cache page for further details. If you have further questions let me know.

We tried to make this on a Saturday but couldn't make it work due to numerous scheduling conflicts so it will be a Friday evening (as the past two have been).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda wish it were either Saturday or Sunday, cause I'd consider wandering up for it (wouldn't mind meeting up with all the Duluth cacher's since I grew up there Wink but we'll see how work is treating me at that time...

Celticwulf
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have to ask...is that a restraunt or a college? I thought there is a college with those initials..Wisconsin Indianhead Tech College???
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - yes.

One of my biggest problems in the previous two years has been finding meeting space that we can gather in and have a meal during a meal time that is free and will accomodate 30-40+ people. It's not an easy task at all (pretty much impossible).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - yes.

One of my biggest problems in the previous two years has been finding meeting space that we can gather in and have a meal during a meal time that is free and will accomodate 30-40+ people. It's not an easy task at all (pretty much impossible).

Maybe next year, we could do it at one of my rec centers and order in pizza or something? If I am one of the organizers, then the city wouldn't charge rent Smile Anyways, I hope to have in hand one of the Take a Kid Caching trophies that will be awarded at the event in July...They may even have GPS tops (not real ones)...
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we canīt make it-will be on a visiting-caching trip to the eastern US coast.
Toby Tyler
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but rather than starting a new thread I thought I would try it out. Since this post was about Duluth and I will be traveling there this coming weekend I thought I would give it a try. First I will be going to a Student Outdoor Education Conference (yes I am that young) at UMD and was wondering about the ins and the outs to caching in the area. If you could let me know about your favorite caches in the area or about areas of the town I should avoid since I will only be there for three days. Any information would help. Thanks.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby Tyler wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but rather than starting a new thread I thought I would try it out. Since this post was about Duluth and I will be traveling there this coming weekend I thought I would give it a try. First I will be going to a Student Outdoor Education Conference (yes I am that young) at UMD and was wondering about the ins and the outs to caching in the area. If you could let me know about your favorite caches in the area or about areas of the town I should avoid since I will only be there for three days. Any information would help. Thanks.

I apologize for not being able to do the link thing, but here are some:

GCQXNZ Bulldogs Trail...on the UMD campus
GCH24N Bowl of Fun...near UMD at Chester Bowl park
GC5A95 Deep in Hartley...a mile north of UMD up Woodland Ave...Hartley park
GCM7DR High in Hartley, same as above, but will be a steep path and might be icy or muddy
GC26BE Enger Tower...west on Skyline, will give you a great view of Duluth from up high
GCG329 16th President Park...nice little long park

Since the western park of Skyline drive between Spirit Mountain and Becks road is closed, you might want to avoid the ones there, unless you don't mind hiking in....
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder that the event is this Friday!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who came and to our host, WITC, Rosebud392, and 800-Tagfill. This was by far the least-stressful for me as organizer. Part of that is having two others to help, part of it is knowing that everyone will fit in the facility.

I heard lots of good comments about the location - we'll likely consider this location again in the fall or next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: