MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday March 22th; 7:30pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All caches accounted for! Thanks for hosting CW. Up next.... LittleHammer!

Looks like we'll be traveling to the same general direction for the fourth (?) Wednesday in a row. Ah well.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
All caches accounted for! Thanks for hosting CW. Up next.... LittleHammer!

Looks like we'll be traveling to the same general direction for the fourth (?) Wednesday in a row. Ah well.

And, hopefully, while listening to the podcast you'll hear again how Lucid is a jerk Wink

Was a fun night, nice meeting Fidian out tonight, and the caches were all decently challenging. Was good times Smile

Celticwulf
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extremely pleasant evening of caching as there were no Yeti smells or noises. I have declared on the cache sites that, since someone has to suck at caching while out with the Crew, jrest does, in fact, suck at caching this week. Completely a random choice done mostly for my own entertainment, because it is, in fact, all about me. Enjoy next week, folks, and I'll have an ice cold Corona for all of you on the beach in Cozumel!
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attended by: TheGilby3, Little Hammer, Celticwolf, Fidian, Jambro, GeoPierce, Jrest, SirZMan, and the precaching cheater (Lucidondine).[Wink]
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a bit difficult to get a cache with people milling about right where you want to search. Due to several reasons, I started else where and actually found only one. Loads of fun.

Just FYI: I use all lowercase in my name. I know it is against English rules and whatnot, but there's a good reason behind it.
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time last night, got some good audio of the actuall caching...haven't gotten to the meet-up yet...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
and the precaching cheater (Lucidondine).[Wink]

Hey Lucid, you need to get over that and cache "on time" with the rest of the group - if SB and I and Jambro and Jrest and the others are willing to endure the embarrassment of witnesses to our caching incompetence, then so should you. (I'm only half-joking.) If you found the cache in daylight, and alone with no one watching/laughing, and then when the group is there in the dark and you stand off to side smugly proclaiming that you've already found it, well pardon me that I'm not particularly impressed.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
TheGilby3 wrote:
and the precaching cheater (Lucidondine).[Wink]

Hey Lucid, you need to get over that and cache "on time" with the rest of the group - if SB and I and Jambro and Jrest and the others are willing to endure the embarrassment of witnesses to our caching incompetence, then so should you. (I'm only half-joking.) If you found the cache in daylight, and alone with no one watching/laughing, and then when the group is there in the dark and you stand off to side smugly proclaiming that you've already found it, well pardon me that I'm not particularly impressed.

To Summarize: Drat 1 - Lucid Owned Laughing

Celticwulf
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: A cache is a cache, is a cache, is a cache Reply with quote

Yep, ideally I do like to find them with the group.

My problem is that I spend all of five minutes getting ready to cache. I find the first one we're doing for the evening, click 'Find nearest' and cntrl+click all caches on the page to open them in new tabs. I then go down the line clicking on the .GPX files while GSAK loads up. I quickly glance to make sure I don't get any of those "not at posted coords" and virtuals and then I sync to my Garmin.

From there its a matter of auto-routing and the option "Find Nearest". I was under the impression that there was another cache in the area with a similar name... the one I thought I was finding. Turns out that it was archived recently and I didn't know... hmmm.

I've no problem being owned on occasion but it really is more of a problem of indifference on my part. I could care more, but it takes too much effort. My GPSr does all my thinking for me-- it's better like that Razz

Also, it's not as if I'm finding these caches during the day. After all, that'd only make them more difficult Wink Until I find a better way to do it, I may inadvertently find something early.

--LucidOndine, the Original Precaching Cheater Exclamation
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just call me "Pot stirer man" Laughing !
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: A cache is a cache, is a cache, is a cache Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:

My problem is that I spend all of five minutes getting ready to cache. I find the first one we're doing for the evening, click 'Find nearest' and cntrl+click all caches on the page to open them in new tabs. I then go down the line clicking on the .GPX files while GSAK loads up. I quickly glance to make sure I don't get any of those "not at posted coords" and virtuals and then I sync to my Garmin.

From there its a matter of auto-routing and the option "Find Nearest". I was under the impression that there was another cache in the area with a similar name... the one I thought I was finding. Turns out that it was archived recently and I didn't know... hmmm.

I've no problem being owned on occasion but it really is more of a problem of indifference on my part. I could care more, but it takes too much effort. My GPSr does all my thinking for me-- it's better like that Razz

Also, it's not as if I'm finding these caches during the day. After all, that'd only make them more difficult Wink Until I find a better way to do it, I may inadvertently find something early.

I use my high tech thumb.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: A cache is a cache, is a cache, is a cache Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:

I appreciate that you responded with the right balance of explanation and also humor. There's hope for you yet... Smile
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: A cache is a cache, is a cache, is a cache Reply with quote

jambro wrote:

I use my high tech thumb.

After searching the front yard of a muggle within the first week of getting my GPSr after an entry error, I knew it was time for a switch. Cool
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know what I just realized...the funniest part of Lucid's evening is the fact that he couldn't find the parking lot right away...and yet Jambro had no issue with finding it, even if he was a little late.

anyone else see the humor Twisted Evil

Celticwulf
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
Ya know what I just realized...the funniest part of Lucid's evening is the fact that he couldn't find the parking lot right away...and yet Jambro had no issue with finding it, even if he was a little late.

anyone else see the humor Twisted Evil

Celticwulf

The cache itself is located closer to the southern road... I think zman put some coords up for parking but far be it from me to put things in by hand Rolling Eyes Auto-routing is nice, but it backfires on occasion (like a road not existing anymore :p) It's more beneficial than not having it, even if you do end up calling CW and trying to figure out where parking is Very Happy Even still, I managed to make it there on time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: