MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When's the Next MnGCA Meeting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: When's the Next MnGCA Meeting? Reply with quote

OK I've been caching now for about 5 months. I've been lurking on the site occasionally. Now the main web site is down (I know not for long). But I was wondering when the next meeting might be held and where. Now that I have started to place some caches out and had positive feed back. Met a few of the locals, I figured I might start showing up if my work schedule allows.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no meeting planned. Maybe a boardmember can tell us if they have been working on getting one scheduled.
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an official meeting, but there may be a large group of cachers there. This Tuesday night at the BW3's in West St. Paul (South Robert St. at Thompson Ave). http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=4fba2aa0-1f2c-4462-bb78-cf2186d39716
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joelcam wrote:
not an official meeting, but there may be a large group of cachers there

As well as several Board members attending.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I do have a *few* ideas to run past the group...
How 'bout it Matt???? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still work nights during the week, so I'll miss the get sauced event--I will be at the winter cache bash, tho'.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that these get togethers, such as The Get Sauced Event, count as the meeting of the moment.

For those of you who don't know, the last "official" meeting was at Midwest Mountaineering sometime last fall. That was a great time BTW.

Personally, I don't see the need to meet in the basement to discuss geocaching stuff when we can do the same thing where they serve drinks! But that too is just MTC.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.J. wrote:
Personally, I don't see the need to meet in the basement to discuss geocaching stuff when we can do the same thing where they serve drinks! But that too is just MTC.

Well I think it would be a great idea to have two or three meetings a year in the basement just because it would be quieter and probably better for "official" business. For things like just getting together to shoot the breeze about caching I think that events like The Breakfast, etc are the way to go at it...

Just my worthless .02,
Silent Bob
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunatly I'll be on the West Coast this week. When is the Winter Bash gettogether?????
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: re: Winter Bash... Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Well unfortunatly I'll be on the West Coast this week. When is the Winter Bash gettogether?????

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=106948
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
..events like The Breakfast are the way to go at it...

There you go on about THAT again..... (grin)
How about the last Saturday of every month?? We could rotate around the TC's and go group caching afterward. I'll get it posted up this week.

Gee... there are some nice new caches up in Anoka/Andover/Coon Rapids... maybe we should start up there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
..events like The Breakfast are the way to go at it...

There you go on about THAT again..... (grin)

I love my food what else can I say? Wink

Quote:
How about the last Saturday of every month?? We could rotate around the TC's and go group caching afterward. I'll get it posted up this week.

I love the group caching idea. Since Marsha is gone I have absolutely nothing but time to cache... Did 50 caches last week. Yeah, I have no life, I know Wink

Quote:
there are some nice new caches up in Anoka/Andover/Coon Rapids... maybe we should start up there?

You will just be finding your own, what good is THAT? Smile Smile Smile Smile

Silent Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: