MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday March 8th; 7:30pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got up at 3AM drove from Annandale, up to Two Harbors, no caching, but lots of treasure. (I bought another horse). Drove home, Dulth to Mora was white out snow. Sat down for 15 minutes, hooked up the trailor loaded 2 horses and drove an hour to drill team practice, rode hard for 2 hours and drove home. About 550 miles. Next week I get to do it again to go get said horse. If you lot can't get to Loretto 'cos of a little hard rain, YOUR A WHIMP Laughing .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Wicket wrote:
Ok, I got up at 3AM drove from Annandale, up to Two Harbors, no caching, but lots of treasure. (I bought another horse). Drove home, Dulth to Mora was white out snow. Sat down for 15 minutes, hooked up the trailor loaded 2 horses and drove an hour to drill team practice, rode hard for 2 hours and drove home. About 550 miles. Next week I get to do it again to go get said horse. If you lot can't get to Loretto 'cos of a little hard rain, YOUR A WHIMP Laughing .

Team Wicket you and I need to talk, sounds like we have to obsessions in common. Just moved my guy saturday from 1 hour away to 10 mins and right on Murphy H. Now just to teach him what trail riding is all about.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Hey, I spent all day today out in the stuff caching. I have to agree with SB, WIMP.

I'm with these guys, I also spent most of the day out caching and didn't even do so well either.

Should be there. Long ways for just two caches but I'm game. May not stay long for the bar since my day starts early.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Fairweather cachers!

Weather doesn't bug me at all. If it really is too cold, I'll bring my flask out with me Razz

I'll more than likely be there, rain, shine, sleeting, snowing, or Yeti infestation.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, cool, Loretto - that's actually almost convenient to Buffalo! Too bad I know I can't get a pass for tomorrow night, I'm on official kid duty then. Sad Bummer, it might be worth it to go, and deliberately be last to find the caches so I can move the next one Annandale or something! Smile Smile Smile
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested in pre-event caching, I'm leaving for the event straight after work (in Eden Prairie) and doing some caches along the way:

1. GCR103 - Meadow Park 3
2. GCR1M8 - Meadow Park 6
3. GCR105 - Meadow Park 4
4. GCNEPM - Fore - with a view of five
5. GCTMVR - Don't Break the Sound Barrier
6. GCKTG2 - He shoots--He scores!
7. GCK0DE - 7 Nations
8. GCN5RJ - Park N Grab on Stubbs
9. GCTEMM - Bederwood Hobbit Hole
10. GCP0BF - New Urban Landscape
11. GCP1EA - Lurton (micro)
12. GCNAR3 - Is that Bearchaser?
13. GCNAR9 - BMX
14. GCKADX - Declaration of Independence
15. GCKRHT - Sarah Goes to the dogs
16. Weeknight caches
17. Bar Wink

Minus #11 (Lurton), everything is a small or a regular. Let me know privately if you're interested in meeting up w/me and we can head out from where I work at about 4:30. You could also meet me at Meadow Park around 4:50 or 5pm.

Whatever works.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be heading out of work around 5:30 tomorrow, so if anyone wants to do dinner in or around the Eden Prairie area, let me know. If we get done early enough we can hit some caches around the weeknight caches before it starts.

PM Me.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picking up GeoPierce from where he works around 4:35.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picking up GeoPierce from where he works around 4:35.

Shotgun! Very Happy Very Happy
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

You're just that much closer to the smelly yeti!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pulling an all nighter at work tomorrow night, so I'm going to come in a bit later...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

You're just that much closer to the smelly yeti!

I'll keep the window open a little. Very Happy
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering catching up to the Yeti and GP at the first park, but depends on if I'm going to leave right from work...not sure yet. I wonder how bad traffic is going to be that direction *sigh*

Celticwulf
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
I'm considering catching up to the Yeti and GP at the first park, but depends on if I'm going to leave right from work...not sure yet. I wonder how bad traffic is going to be that direction *sigh*

Celticwulf

I don't think traffic is bad going west on 494 during rush hour. It's going east that is bad from Bush Lake to 35W and sometimes a little farther.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
celticwulf wrote:

Celticwulf

I don't think traffic is bad going west on 494 during rush hour. It's going east that is bad from Bush Lake to 35W and sometimes a little farther.

I actually used to live in Plymouth and commute to Eagan, and 494W was always bad after 100 at that time because of the road construction. Now that the construction has moved to the 494N stretch, I'm not sure how it will be...we'll see tomorrow I guess. It all kinda depends on if I can remember to load up the .gpx files tonight and remember to bring a change of clothes to work...don't relly want to be wandering around outside hunting caches in my "buisness casual" attire Wink

Celticwulf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: