MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Podcasts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to these checking these out. Thanks for the upbeat podcasts on caching!
I found them to be mildly interesting, and informative. I learned, or relearned a couple things. The reason I couldn’t get the gps to show up on the screen (as an arrow on the map) of my laptop, was because I was trying to do it with the wrong software. I had forgotten it was “Streets & Trips” that I had previously used. Also the WAP prefix for geocaching.com on the hiptop. It’s much faster. Thanks to Moe, I think, for mentioning that.
It’ll be fun watching this evolve; I think you’re off to a good start.
All I can think to suggest is some more in-depth interviews with Minnesota cachers. Doesn’t have to be much....a few quick questions...maybe five minutes or something. Keep up the good work!
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I should clarify that my use of, “mildly interesting” wasn’t meant in a bad way.
It’s been my experience that most podcasts are like that. Maybe even “mildly amusing” at times. Laughing
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know many of you either know personally or have heard of CCCooper Agency.

podcacher.com has a new podcast..."Show 38 Interview with CCCooper Agency"

It's getting late so I haven't had a chance to listen to it...(or sir_zman's episode 4) but I just loaded them in to my palm pilot's mp3.

good night Shocked

Shawn
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just finished listening to episode 4, the audio from the bar was great...yeah, SB got owned Wink

My biggest problem is the "do I really sound like that???" through my blabbering Laughing And good news on my TB, it's still moving around...now if the milage would just update Razz

Good podcast!

And yeah, thumping the Itunes worked...turns out I'd had to shut the computer down when it was dloading it, and I have to restart dloading the podcasts manually if that happens *sigh*.

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is still having problems with their iTunes downloads, TCGCPC Episode 5 has been put up, as of 11:00 PM Sunday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t!
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good so far, 10 minutes in!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the whole thing, was nice interview at the end there, although I was most amused by the ending. Laughing

Good job getting Zgirl in there too, sounds like she was having fun watching you record the Podcast.

I really gotta get off my lazy butt and start trying to submitt audio feedback or something...but I have enough trouble trying to get out caching...my butt's really lazy sometimes Wink

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to GeoPierce who got a shout out on the podcacher podcast!
Did you ask them for that or did they just do it out of the blue?
They mention Anagram International, which is located across the street from my office, I'm looking at them right now, I had no idea what they did there, now I know..cool

http://www.podcacher.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the Podcachers an eamil asking them about how they picked GeoPierce, since I thought I heard he say he hadn't listened to their show; they said that they picked names off of their frappr map. So he must have put his name on their map; I guess I must have misunderstood him last night after the weekNIGHT Crew.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I sent the Podcachers an eamil asking them about how they picked GeoPierce, since I thought I heard he say he hadn't listened to their show; they said that they picked names off of their frappr map. So he must have put his name on their map; I guess I must have misunderstood him last night after the weekNIGHT Crew.

Sorry, I'm just catching up on forum posts. I've never listened to the podcacher podcast and the only frappr map I'm on is the minnesotageocacher one that we use. So I don't know how they found me. Maybe the great picture in the Star Trib? Laughing
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how it happened, but if you go to:
http://www.frappr.com/podcacher

and zoom into Eden Prairie, You'll see that your there, apparently you are a listener to the show and never knew it.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are still checking to make sure iTunes works, I have just posted Episode 6. It's longer than normal, almost an hour, due to the longer than normal WeekNIGHT Caching audio. It's about 26 MB, so be warned if you are on dialup, you might want to skip this one.

In case anyone is new to this thread, the link to the main podcast website is:
http://www.tcgcpc.com
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, snagging now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* OK, I'll get it tonight and listen to it tomorrow now I guess...stupid Itunes...I'm having trouble getting TWiT as well, so I'm guessing it's not just your podcast Zman.

Celticwulf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: