MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday February 1st; 7:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, at least it was only the Sly Fox one that was our "optional" Wink

Although I'm guessing car pool would be best for that one if we go for it...either that or walking down the lake Laughing

Celticwulf
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe the lot of us getting busted will result in another Strib article. Now that could be cool! I can see the headline now: "Geocachers denied their cake in Edina!" Accompanied by the best of the police mug shots.Razz http://www.lazylightning.org/photos/gc-20060129/CIMG0889.sized.jpg

Yeah, we made the front page before. Now we can be in the police reports section. Laughing
And I prefer these mugshots:
http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20060111/CIMG0635
http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20060125/CIMG0788
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
drat19 wrote:
Someone bring the Strib article!

I'll have it in my backpocket. Laughing

Just out of curiosity, when was the article in the Strib??
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

Are you planning on bringing the dogs with? We have had one dog before and they are welcome too. (if the park allows, I guess)

Actually I was planning on bringing Sugar with me, she is my very beautiful Husky. Most city parks allow pets as long as they are leashed. I hope that it will not be a problem with anyone in the group. If it is, I can leave her at home.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you tomarrow night.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Dogs wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:
drat19 wrote:
Someone bring the Strib article!

I'll have it in my backpocket. Laughing

Just out of curiosity, when was the article in the Strib??

A Strib reporter went out on a weeknight caching with the group early in January. Silent Bob has the text posted here on his website:

http://www.lazylightning.org/?q=node/159

You guys have fun, be good, don't forget to brush your teeth before bed...
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge husky fan. Buddy is a husky lab. Bad combo. Fast and dumb.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion about caches requiring stealth has been split off (by request) and moved here: http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2113
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering if anyone is going to be in the area tonight and would like to grab dinner. I'm going to be at work until 6 or 6:30, and would love to meet up with someone and grab dinner prior to the event. I can meet you by the cache area, or in Eden Prarie, or somewhere else...just let me know.

Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Team i380
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive the fact that I'm a n00b to the WeekNIGHT Caching Crew but I have a quick question. There have been a lot drops of Travel Bugs in Keiko's Cache. I'm guessing these TBs aren't actually in Keiko's Cache but are letting other people know which TBs are available if someone wants to pick them up??? I saw this at the Breakfast Buddies in Maple Grove but didn't get a chance to ask anyone about it.

If this is the case, I thought I would let everyone know that I going down to St. Louis next week for business and if there's any Travel Bugs that need or want to head south they're more than welcome to come along.

I'm starting to plan some of the caches that I want to locate while I'm down there and this one is on my list:

Airport Travel Bug Bed & Breakfast
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=529bf4a6-fe99-4729-9a0e-955b94223af0
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I'm still wondering if anyone is going to be in the area tonight and would like to grab dinner. I'm going to be at work until 6 or 6:30, and would love to meet up with someone and grab dinner prior to the event. I can meet you by the cache area, or in Eden Prarie, or somewhere else...just let me know.

Normally I would but Marsha *promised* me that she would join us this week so I have to go home and pick her up before the outing.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team i380 wrote:
There have been a lot drops of Travel Bugs in Keiko's Cache. I'm guessing these TBs aren't actually in Keiko's Cache but are letting other people know which TBs are available if someone wants to pick them up???

I replied to Team Dogs e-mail to me about this question as well. Yes, I will have 13 TBs in my posession tonight. Anyone is free to take as many as they are willing to move.

I'm especially happy to give them to people that will move them outside of Minnesota.

edited to be more clear. I was confused between Team i380 and Team Dogs -- too many teams out there! Smile

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Team i380 wrote:
There have been a lot drops of Travel Bugs in Keiko's Cache. I'm guessing these TBs aren't actually in Keiko's Cache but are letting other people know which TBs are available if someone wants to pick them up???

I replied to your e-mail to me about this question as well but yes, I will have 13 TBs in my posession tonight. Anyone is free to take as many as they are willing to move.

I'm especially happy to give them to people that will move them outside of Minnesota.

I also have two, one is a Yellow Jeep TB. And I bet drat19 has a handful too. Smile
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
I also have two, one is a Yellow Jeep TB. And I bet drat19 has a handful too. Smile

The ones I have are from drat. He might not be able to make it tonight so I'm going to nab the one's he's holding at lunch and bring them tonight.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call at least a couple TB's tonight, I'm feeling bad about moving a few out of the area so we've got less TB's even though they did take a nice trip with Drat19 Wink

Celticwulf
Team i380
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:

My wife and I are talking about meeting up at my work (494 & Valley View), catching something to eat and then heading out from there. I have to see how the rest of my afternoon goes (I usually know by 3pm if it good or if it's going to be sucky) but if you're still interested in meeting up to grab some dinner we would be up to that. Any thoughts where? My wife is a Vegitarian/Vegan so that is the only thing to consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: