MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition. Reply with quote

I was fumbling around the net reading stuff and I came across an open invitation for the Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition. It's being hosted by the Missouri Geocachers Association. According to the information page here it's going to be March 19th - 21st, 2004 at Hawn State Park near St. Louis, MO.

I already made reservations (and quite a few campsites are open in the Park at this time). The link to the park's website is here. There is an event cache already started at GC.com here.

A zipcode to zipcode check on mapquest gave me 691 miles and about 10.5 hours. Hopefully someone else would be interested in attending. Very Happy

Silent Bob
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: More information about the Midwest Geocaching Competition... Reply with quote

More information has been posted about the Midwest Geocaching Competition.

The link for registration, rules, accomodations, etc is here.

Silent Bob
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Interested Reply with quote

Eagleyes and Bird Dog are interested in attending-
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Haven't heard much from anyone on here about this Reply with quote

Anyone seriously planning on going? I am really toying with the idea, and am trying to talk Joelcam into joining me for the expedition. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Haven't heard much from anyone on here about this Reply with quote

KC0QEG wrote:
Anyone seriously planning on going? I am really toying with the idea, and am trying to talk Joelcam into joining me for the expedition. Laughing

I already made camping reservations but I have yet to register for the invite...

Silent Bob
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Campsite number Reply with quote

so... whats your campsite number?

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Campsite number Reply with quote

KC0QEG wrote:

From the email they sent me to confirm payment it looks like #34.

Hawn State Park-Campground-Campsites
Basic Sites - Item#034 - Back In
Arrival Date : Friday 03/19/2004 Check In : 03:00 PM
Departure Date: Sunday 03/21/2004 Check Out: 02:00 PM

Silent Bob
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Campsite number Reply with quote

Great, I just reserved Campsite # 35, so we will be neighbors. Now to get a team together. Cost for the campsite, about $30.00 for the entire stay. Anyone want to head south for a little Geocaching competion fun???

-JT

-KC0QEG

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
KC0QEG wrote:

From the email they sent me to confirm payment it looks like #34.

Hawn State Park-Campground-Campsites
Basic Sites - Item#034 - Back In
Arrival Date : Friday 03/19/2004 Check In : 03:00 PM
Departure Date: Sunday 03/21/2004 Check Out: 02:00 PM

Silent Bob
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Campsite information... Reply with quote

For those of you that were interested in joining JT and I there is some information below about the standard camping rules at Hawn State Park...

http://www.mostateparks.com/camping.htm

It says that two tents and two cars per campsite but good 'ol JT offered to drive (woohoo) so the cars should be of no issue.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Campsite information... Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
For those of you that were interested in joining JT and I there is some information below about the standard camping rules at Hawn State Park...

http://www.mostateparks.com/camping.htm

It says that two tents and two cars per campsite but good 'ol JT offered to drive (woohoo) so the cars should be of no issue.

That’s right, I offered to drive the candy apple red "GeoVan". Which can accommodate 5 Comfortable, 6-7 in a pinch (but with gear I would say 5 tops).

Joelcam is heading to Washington State, so he is out. So far its Silent Bob and myself. Towelbooth wanted to be penciled in with Moe being interested as well. We need to firm things up soon, as registration & food arrangements needs to be in by March 1st!

Here are my thoughts on it- Leave Thursday late afternoon/early evening (March 18th) drive/cache on the way down. Arrive / Stay a Hawn State park on Friday night. Camp/stay/ participate in the individual/team event for the weekend(Friday, Sat, Sun).

Teams must consist of 4 players. I would like to do the "team event” Just to try it and get the experience of how they run a team competition.

Monday early AM, start heading back towards MN caching along the way. Get back in MN late Monday/Tuesday, whatever the group decides.

Ideas???? Idea

Let me know ASAP, as we need to firm things up.

-JT
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Campsite information... Reply with quote

KC0QEG wrote:
Here are my thoughts on it- Leave Thursday late afternoon/early evening (March 18th) drive/cache on the way down. Arrive / Stay a Hawn State park on Friday night. Camp/stay/ participate in the individual/team event for the weekend(Friday, Sat, Sun).

Monday early AM, start heading back towards MN caching along the way. Get back in MN late Monday/Tuesday, whatever the group decides.

Works for me. I would prefer to be home on Monday though.

Silent Bob
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's plan to discuss this at next Saturday's breakfast.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Recap of disscussion... Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Let's plan to discuss this at next Saturday's breakfast.

Just to recap the discussion...

Event cache waypoint is GCGZ0B http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae0ebd7c-1900-4f41-b310-a102ed90edc4

Those who are now in for the trip are-
Silent Bob
J.T.
Moe the sleeze
Towelbooth
S4xton

Plans are now to leave from the Twin Cities at 0400 on Friday morning.

Moe will be driving to J.T.'s house in Saint Louis Park- 0330.
and load up JT's red Geo-van.

Just need to figure out how S4xton & Silent Bob want to work the pickup, as I think you both are south, like Burnsville if I remember right? Do you want to meet at whoever's house is furthest North and We can swing by and pick you guys up from there? I think Towelbooth was concerned about parking at his place, so.... whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

We will then head East to Towelbooth's in Woodbury for a 0400 departure.

I have downloaded the event manual/registration forms and filled them out.

I selected the General Registration $13, the combination A + B course for $6, plus the team competition $5 per person (Team MNGCA). I also elected to purchase a full meal pass for $25, as a cheap backup in the event we dont want to cook out. Also bought a T-shirt $15, since I am going the distance, might as well. Total for the registration $63.00

One thing we need to figure out is who wants to do the team competion. Teams are limited to 4 people with 1 person listed in the event of an injury, etc. Does anyone not want to do the team competion? if so, we can list that person as the alternate.

I will be faxing my form in and paying this afternoon.

-J.T.
]
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competition aspect doesn't interesy me much. I would be more than happy to be te alternate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: