MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

podcaching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
Link it in Itunes yet Razz

Celticwulf

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with ITunes..I love to hate it....not sure why, but I have avoided that program like the plague. I use Ipodder to get all my podcasts. Isnt' there a way in ITunes to add your own direct link to an RSS feed? To be honest, I really don't want this Podcast to be a big bandwith burden for me...I figure that if the members of the MNGCA want it, thats cool, but I'm not sure I want this to get the kind of traffic that itunes brings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...I understand...

I'm just the lamer that only started listening once Itunes supported them...meaning I'm lazy Smile

I'll figure it out tonight or tomorrow morning and try to check it out at work tomorrow...

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing else, click on the title "Podcast Episode 1" on the main page and it will download the podcast for you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, for anyone else as lazy as I am and using Itunes...all you need to do is go to Sir Zman's website, click and hold on the RSS feed and drag it to an open Itunes window. It should dload it directly into your Itune's library of podcasts and allow you to play it wherever you like.

*feels like such a lazy geek Wink *

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
*feels like such a lazy geek Wink *

I don't know any other kind of geek...myself included..
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK, for anyone else as lazy as I am and using Itunes...all you need to do is go to Sir Zman's website, click and hold on the RSS feed and drag it to an open Itunes window. It should dload it directly into your Itune's library of podcasts and allow you to play it wherever you like.

ThankYou celticwulf!! I was trying to drag the feed in to real player but it needed to be converted first....(I usually load in to the library of ITunes and than drag to real player ) The MP3 features on my Palm Pilot use Real Player.... I just didn't think to drag it to ITunes first.

By The Way Sir Z Man... I like what you've done!! Keep going Cool

Shawn
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened too it this morning at work...nice start for sure. Not as usefull for forum junkies like myself, but a very good summary of what's going on with the MNGCA in the twin cities for people that aren't checking all the new posts Wink

I'll see if I can think of anything else as the day goes on, but overall nice job.

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I'm open to all ideas from anyone who has something they'd like to hear covered on the podcast.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening right now. I don't have an ipod, so I'm just listening to it on the computer, a verrrryyyy low tech way to go I suppose, but it works for me. Thanks z, very cool! Like Celtic, I'm pretty much up on the board, but I enjoy listening anyway. Way to go!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the podcast yesterday and even though I'm a major forum hound, I still thought it was very well done and very informative.

I really do look forward to the next installment.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jambro wrote:
Listening right now. I don't have an ipod, so I'm just listening to it on the computer, a verrrryyyy low tech way to go I suppose, but it works for me. Thanks z, very cool! Like Celtic, I'm pretty much up on the board, but I enjoy listening anyway. Way to go!

I listen to all my podcasts on my work computer...the first thing I do when I get in is queue up the new podcasts then through out the day I listen to them.

Doesn't matter if you have a mp3 player or not, just so long as you have a computer.

Again, if you don't have iTunes and you want to subscribe to any podcast you can use one of several utilities to automate the downloading of new podcasts, I use IPodder which can be found HERE .
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially I'm calling the Twin Cities Geocaching Podcast (TCGCPC.com) a "semi-regular" podcast, but I am going to try to have posted a new podcast every week by Monday morning, so if your not using software to auto-check and download new episodes, then you can you can check the website out Monday mornings to see if a new one has been posted.

I stayed up until 3:00 AM last night putting the finishing touches on episode number 2, and have now posted it for your listening pleasure.

Thank you.
ScubaAl
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listen to your podcast, really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work. I'm looking for reasons to by a ipod or mp3 player.
Al
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loaded episode 2 into my Palm Pilot late last night...just listened to it on my drive in to work this morning! Nice work!! I am looking forward to trying your podcache when it's completed.

Shawn
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also enjoyed the latest installment. Keep em comin!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: