MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITO cans and bags...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: CITO cans and bags... Reply with quote

For those of you following Centris' lead and creating CITO cans or putting trashbags in caches to encourage others to participate in CITO this is just the "locationless cache" for you!

It's actually designated as a Mystery cache but it is basically locationless. According to the description, if you put just 3 trashbags in a cache you are elligible to log this as a find!

Go to the cache page here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC38E3

Happy caching,
Silent Bob
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not going to let you get all the credit for finding that cache....i'm the one that told you about it!!!!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
i'm not going to let you get all the credit for finding that cache....i'm the one that told you about it!!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thunder Very Happy

Silent Bob
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: CITO cans and bags... Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
For those of you following Centris' lead and creating CITO cans or putting trashbags in caches

I can't take credit for that.... first time I saw those canisters was here...
http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=15066
...travel bug I found 11/7/02 (too bad it is MIA) Crying or Very sad

Hopefully they will get used and not become litter themselves, eh? The only problem I have with using the CITO canisters is that I end up with a bunch of empty film containers in my car and pack..... so sad to come across a place in need of just a little TLC - reach in the fanny pack and pull out an empty canister Confused ...... I have decided I am going to just start tossing the film container into the bag with the litter.
(I know, I know...... recycling! -- sigh)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you guys. I have 575 Mini CITO's ready to go, and already out. Only 425 left to make up, and you tell me just to put the bags in caches. Oh dear - Oh dear. Rolling Eyes

No, I have set a goal and I'm going to do it. What folks do with them after that is their descision, but I have to finish my goal.

Not upset, just suddenly feel kind of pointless. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WicketsWanderingPonyPatro wrote:
Not upset, just suddenly feel kind of pointless. Confused

NOT pointless!.... Silent Bob was just pointing out a virtual cache that some of us could log for cache credit. The CITO cans are so much better than just three bags in a cache that gets all wadded up and gross.

I told you before how proud I was that you guys took the intiative and made these. I meant it!
Our CITO efforts go a real long way toward the parks systems letting us in and working with us, really they do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Very Happy Oh ok, now I feel better. I think I hastily missed the point somewhere. Must have caught me at a down moment. I feel just fine now, and will keep folding little bags into little cans and putting little lables on them. Next time there's a gathering of some sort though, watch out. I shall be bringing a large bag of these things. It would take me forever to plant them all.
It is fun though, I occasionaly get an e-mail from some where I've never been, saying they found one in a cache I've never been to and can they copy the idea. Of course they all can They just need to get permission if they use a geocaching.com logo. After all it never was my idea.
The mission continues. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Caching in Cincinnati, OH and bringing the CITO cans w/us! Reply with quote

Marsha and I are currently in Cincinnati spending time w/her family and doing some caching in our free time. We have moved quite a few travelbugs already and we are also throwing in some CITO cans with the MNGCA URL on the sticker!

Hopefully people in this area will pick up on it and continue it. God knows that some of the caches we did today need more than a little TLC!

We don't have nearly as many CITO cans as WWPP does but we try to do our part! Don't get down, just keep it going and spread CITO as far as it can go.

Silent Bob
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this find on the news and couldn't help but post it here.
Found by annonymos (so far) soldier, a cache some where in Iraq. A cache was found down a hole. TNLN, but did CITO one important piece of trash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: