MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

forum login issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: forum login issues Reply with quote

Anyone else having issues logging into the forums? I keep having it error out on me at least once every time I try to log in...and right at the moment it won't save my login between sessions either. Just checking if everyone's having the same issue, or if SB just decided to be an evil dictator and make me have issues Twisted Evil

Latre
Celticwulf
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: forum login issues Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
Anyone else having issues logging into the forums? I keep having it error out on me at least once every time I try to log in...and right at the moment it won't save my login between sessions either. Just checking if everyone's having the same issue, or if SB just decided to be an evil dictator and make me have issues Twisted Evil

I had it prompt me for my username/password today when I logged in (which took me three tries to get right). After that I have noticed no problems. After reading your post I tried closing my browser and starting a new copy, and it held my login information correctly.

In other words, other than having to login at the start of my browsing today, I notice nothing out of the ordinary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice had a login issue this morning as well. I temporarily changed their password and tried the login myself, it worked fine. I suggested that they clear their cookies (either all or just the one for the MnGCA if you're savvy enough) and try again.

After their cleared the cookies it worked fine.

The new version of phpBB includes more support for session IDs in the database and cookies. It will require you to relogin. I have had no issues on my Mac, my wife's laptop, or my hiptop.
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took me about 20 tries before I could log in using MSN, still cant using firefox.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded Firefox on my wife's laptop, installed it, ran it, and went to the site. Logged in just fine -- whatever problems you're having are either due to password issues or cookies.

Clear the cookies first (either the single one if you know how or all of them). If that doesn't work make sure you know your password.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Firefox Reply with quote

I have no problem with the Mac version of Firefox but can't get in using the PC version (both v1.5).
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
I have no problem with the Mac version of Firefox but can't get in using the PC version (both v1.5).

Scratch that. Just cleared my cookie (cough, cough) and now have no problems with the PC version.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learned about cookie clearing long ago and clear them as regular maintenance now- cookies should be cleared also when you are using search engines especially for travel needs as if you get a good rate- say on a car- and continue to search and then try to go back to the good rate, you won't get it again unless you clear cookies.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, I had no problems using IE today with the forums, but had to clear my MnGCA cookies in Firefox in order to login, otherwise it just kept going back to the login screen..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox is where I was having log on problems. That is the browser is normally use. Clearing cookies did the trick. All is well now.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I temporarily changed their password and tried the login myself.

Does this mean you can see our passwords?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Wicket wrote:
Does this mean you can see our passwords?

No.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: