MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a place to place a cache?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: looking for a place to place a cache? Reply with quote

I went to a park council meeting a few months ago, and they were discussing this piece of land adjacent to Enger golf course. Originally, the county gave it to the city for expansion of the golf course...but when the city did expand it, it didn't go in that direction. It's about 2 acres bordered by private land on both sides...no trails, however. The west border starts directly across from the mailbox of the church across the street (Arlington Ave.)...as they discussed possible development, I was thinking, "What an awesome place to put a cache!"

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13447810.htm
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have eyed that piece up before, but knew that there were plans for it's use in the near future, so I never placed anything there (well, that plus I haven't had time to do much of anything recently anyway).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't give KB any ideas!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think this is a swamp. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to put a cache there the next time I'm at 7 Hall.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for a place to place a cache? Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
I went to a park council meeting a few months ago, and they were discussing this piece of land adjacent to Enger golf course. Originally, the county gave it to the city for expansion of the golf course...but when the city did expand it, it didn't go in that direction. It's about 2 acres bordered by private land on both sides...no trails, however. The west border starts directly across from the mailbox of the church across the street (Arlington Ave.)...as they discussed possible development, I was thinking, "What an awesome place to put a cache!"

I started looking at this on a map tonight but can't picture the parcel after all. I had been looking at some tax forfeit land to the north. I am aware of the parcel that you speak of in general, although I'm not sure on it's exact location.

You say that the mailbox of the church is the western border. Arlington Ave runs generally N/S here though, so wouldn't Arlington Ave be the Western border? I know that there is a sign at a gate which I assume is a back maint entrance to the golf course that says 'it's illegal to play golf blah blah...' - I'm guessing the parcel you refer to is NORTH of that gate and EAST of Arlington Ave?

If you know for sure where one of the boundaries are (or more) can you provide some coordinates? I have a cache that I want to put out in that area although I'll likely place this one in the tax forfeit stuff to the north now...
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: looking for a place to place a cache? Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
dmnrec wrote:

I started looking at this on a map tonight but can't picture the parcel after all. I had been looking at some tax forfeit land to the north. I am aware of the parcel that you speak of in general, although I'm not sure on it's exact location.

You say that the mailbox of the church is the western border. Arlington Ave runs generally N/S here though, so wouldn't Arlington Ave be the Western border? I know that there is a sign at a gate which I assume is a back maint entrance to the golf course that says 'it's illegal to play golf blah blah...' - I'm guessing the parcel you refer to is NORTH of that gate and EAST of Arlington Ave?

If you know for sure where one of the boundaries are (or more) can you provide some coordinates? I have a cache that I want to put out in that area although I'll likely place this one in the tax forfeit stuff to the north now...

I don't think I'll get up there very soon...so the best way I can describe one boundary, is that you draw an imaginary line from the mailbox of the church across the street, then facing the piece of land, stay to the left of the line. It's not very wide, but it runs deep to the golf course. I could email Tim H. today and have him send me another map of the land, as I'm going off of my memory of it.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo, I'm going to Duluth on the 16th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: