MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Potential DNR Objections and Possible MnGCA Responses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, and even though the DNR has the power to order removal at any time, it would be nice if an owner were given a notice so they could reclaim their cache and move it elsewhere. Rather than say DNR is the owner, why not require the registering cache placer to remove the cache within 10 days of notice from the DNR. Then, when asked how it is different from other abandoned property, the answer is simply that the DNR is notified of its existence and placement through a registration policy, the property will be picked up within 10 days of a command to do so.

In effect, we are asking for an exception form the abandoned property rule. It is our willingness to register and maintain the property that makes it different from other property types.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even though it would seem the 1st 3 could have had some responsibility in their deaths...didn't matter, the City still paid.

Yes, I've seen many insurance companies settle when there is a question of liability. Many times, a settlement can be cheaper than protracted discovery and litigation. Like I said, if you are sued, you pay costs and attorney fees (or your insurance company does) at a minimum.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the use of disclaimers does not prevent the initiation of a law suit. Moreover, it seems less and less that common sense is applied to these law suits.

We accept that caching has some inherent risks. I could have had a heart attack chasing SB up the hill at MOGA last year. If I had one, my wife could have sued him because he yelled at me "Hope you have a Heart Attack". It wasn't the exertion of going up the hill, or the years of all that bad food. It was the sound of SBs voice yelling at me that caused it.

Just trying to keep it light guys.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:

Just trying to keep it light guys.

Hey, I'm a girl Laughing no problem tho'... call me anything but late to lunch
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had you died chaseing SB up the hill at MOGA My bet would have been on TOXIC GAS POISIONING!! Cool Look... the fog..
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:

The State of Minnesota has MUCH deeper pockets than King Boreas and is therefore MUCH more likely to be sued.

Do we know this for sure? Those pog tubes can get kinda expensive when bought in bulk!! He must be loaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: