MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deer Season Gotcha Spooked?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Deer Season Gotcha Spooked? Reply with quote

If the thought of wandering through the woods during rifle deer season has you spooked, you may want to know that Wisconsin's season doesn't start until November 22nd. There are some wonderful caches over in western WI. In particular, the New Richmond-Amery area has a fairly high density of interesting caches thanks to Bobcatw98, Packfanattic, Muskytooth, Chukkar, and others. It's definitely worth the hour drive each way from the twin cities.

Be aware that other hunters are out now, however. A bit of blaze orange is stll a good idea.

Last edited by Moe the Sleaze on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr.....Double-post!

Last edited by Irvingdog on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I manage the hunting department of a major retailer in town, and I'd like to go on record as saying that, if there is any season open in the woods where you are traveling, you'd be nuts not to wear orange. There are some fools out there. Now before you get carried away with "hunting=bad" nonsense....

You'd be nuts not to wear your seatbelt while in a car. There are some fools out there.

You'd be nuts not to put your credit card number in an outgoing E-mail. There are some fools out there.

You'd be nuts to let your 5 yr. old walk alone to the park. There are some fools out there.

Get the point? Wear bright clothing. Stay alive.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvingdog wrote:
you'd be nuts not to wear orange
......Wear bright clothing. Stay alive.

Indeed!!! Well said!

When I was at the MIGO event I noticed many geocachers who had orange vests and they had put on geo-patches and geo-buttons and various little geo-doodads they had found. Lots of pockets for holding stuff. It reminded me very much of a scout uniform or a work uniform. It was a nice display of accomplishments while still being safe and efficient.

There was still plenty of orange showing on these vests, but it was a little less "I'm a geek with a GPS in the woods" looking because they had all the patches and such on there. Nobody teased them or gave them grief over being paranoid..... In fact they made the vests look *almost* cool! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: