MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about DNR policies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles58 wrote:
I don't see any need to attack you or SB, you both seem to be fine examples of what I am describing, and you do not seem inhibited in the least about doing precisely what you wrongly accuse others of.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about DNR policies Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Just how do you know that we are not listening to the members.

because no one has told us otherwise, even when asked.

Arcticabn wrote:
Several have contacted me personally and specifically requested not to be identifed on the forum for fear that they will be abused just as the members and others that have spoken up differently from you have.

Like being told because we are different we shouldn't even be allowed to belong to the club?

tomslusher

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:

Any of my private messages via e-mail, instant message, private message etc. may or may not, contain lies, false info, trickery, gobbledygook and balderdash.

Quote:
jus' so's ya know ...

Happy Thanksgiving.
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Regardless of what Aaron told pto in private (which should have been kept as such until the time that Aaron or pto decided to make it public -- a third party has no such rights based on ethics IMHO)

As much as I disagree with SB, I think he's right here. Private conversations are meant to be private. On several occasions SB has kept my personal contacts with him confidential. SB has spread info we shared to the Forums without identifying me, and for that I thank him. I didn't even have to ask.

As for the "listening to the members" part, I suggest continuing to reference "requested by Member/Cache Games Only participant." The problem with that is how can it be verified by interested parties?
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Roll right through the night)

Wow. It never lets up.

I agree with KB. I get sick of reading it too.

Also with,
Quote:
There are WAY too many little gems in this state

True enough; I'm taking this one day, and being grateful for the caches we got.

Maybe we can have a ceasefire at Chritmas?

Rolling Eyes ( it wouldn't be politically correct)
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, I forgot. Happy Thanksgiving!
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no such rights based on ethics

Shocked SB - how can you sleep at night after typing the word ethics?

Think of miles58 moreso as a spokesperson. Moreso a messenger who simply displayed a message. The point is - it doesn't really matter who's exact username is identified. We all know there's enough of us going around who feel the same way. Crucifying one individual will not stop the crusade.

Is there anything in the bylaws about empeachment? The curiosity is overwhelming...
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaywc7 wrote:
Quote:
no such rights based on ethics

Shocked SB - how can you sleep at night after typing the word ethics?

Think of miles58 moreso as a spokesperson. Moreso a messenger who simply displayed a message. The point is - it doesn't really matter who's exact username is identified. We all know there's enough of us going around who feel the same way. Crucifying one individual will not stop the crusade.

Is there anything in the bylaws about empeachment? The curiosity is overwhelming...

No. Do not think of me as a spokesperson.

I released this information not to make Saxton look like a duplicitous spiteful little piece of work, but rather to just expose the misrepresentations. Caching in state parks and on state lands is important to some members. The percentage of private vs public land in the southern and western parts of the state is radically lower than for the Northern and eastern parts. I don't personally care if I ever get to place or hunt a cache in a state park, but I care a lot about whether I (read the cachers in the public lands poorer area) have the opportunity.

This will come as a surprise to PTO, who when he received information contradicting what I was being told publicly had the gumption to say so. He does not know I am doing this.

Others may agree with me or not. I exposed the contradictions because it might be someone else next. BUT... I did not act as, nor am I a spokesman for anyone. Whether they agree with me or not.

I am not on a crusade. I am nobody's leader. If you want to represent me stand up and be honest enough about what you do that I am not a part of something dirty like this. Is that too freaking much to ask?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: