MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulling "captured Lakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merkong
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Pulling "captured Lakers Reply with quote

While I have not "Lakered" in awhile, I am curious as to why we have not pulled some of the obviously missing Lakers from the game entirely and merely selected a few of the other 10,000 lake names in our state and launched new gamepieces. When I was "Lakering" it was a real drag to see that an appreciable number of gamepieces are either out of circulation officially or presumably so as reflected by the activity. What can MNGCA members do to assist with this? Just curious.

Ken
(merkong)
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Pulling "captured Lakers Reply with quote

merkong wrote:
While I have not "Lakered" in awhile, I am curious as to why we have not pulled some of the obviously missing Lakers from the game entirely and merely selected a few of the other 10,000 lake names in our state and launched new gamepieces. When I was "Lakering" it was a real drag to see that an appreciable number of gamepieces are either out of circulation officially or presumably so as reflected by the activity. What can MNGCA members do to assist with this? Just curious.

Ken
(merkong)

It is a matter of $$. RJ and I donated the 100 gamepieces at no small cost to ourselves. Neither of us is interested in further investment.

I suppose that a committee could be proposed to raise funds for more pieces, but no one would volunteer. Piecemeal donations would not be enough to replace enough Lakers to make a real difference.
merkong
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: appreicate it Reply with quote

Thank TB for getting back to me. I am willing to work with someone(s) to raise funds for this. In due time of course, as I would not want to put this ahead of other MNGCA issues. I am planning becoming more active in MNGCA business and just want it known that I am willing to participate in this or any other matter. Thanks.

merkong
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you merkong - that is good to hear. Let's get in touch after Thanksgiving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: