MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: November 16th, 2005; 7:30pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctc128
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching: November 16th, 2005; 7:30pm Reply with quote

Hi, folks... I see that we're scheduled to have cold and snow this week. If we want to do some night caching anyway, I propose these:

The Evil Micro Experiment
Semetana Lake
Baker's Dozen - The Color Purple

... followed by more of those 25-cent wings at Major's, unless someone can suggest a closer place that would be good.

The first cache is listed as 24/7 and winter friendly, but I'm not sure about the other two. (One of the log entries for Semetana Lake suggests that it is not.) Would people be up for some caching in the snow?

- Chris
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there pending any life-craziness.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've solved the puzzle for "The Color Purple" and if this Packer fan can do it, the rest of you folks shouldn't have any trouble.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the first two last week, and they are both winter friendly, I solved the puzzle for the third yesterday (kinda I can't get one part of the coord, but it's the last number and I figure I'm close enough) but haven't found it yet. You shouldn't have any problem doing these caches.

I have been watching the posts for the weeknight caches over the past few weeks, and have wondered how do you facilitate these? Do you start out as one group, or go individually then meet up at Majors? If you don't all start at the same time, how do you know who took the longest to find all three caches?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I have been watching the posts for the weeknight caches over the past few weeks, and have wondered how do you facilitate these? Do you start out as one group, or go individually then meet up at Majors? If you don't all start at the same time, how do you know who took the longest to find all three caches?

We all meet and go after them at the same time and then after we're done we go to get food/drinks as a group.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
We all meet and go after them at the same time and then after we're done we go to get food/drinks as a group.

Where do you meet, at the food location, or at the first cache site or someplace else?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Where do you meet, at the food location, or at the first cache site or someplace else?

At the first cache.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a nice little parking spot behind the apartments that is better to park at than the boat landing listed in the Semetana Lake Cache...if you follow your GPSR (heading towards the Evil Micro) as your driving you will see it...I'd suggest parking there.

I don't know if I can make it or not, so don't wait for me, but I'd sure like to and I'll try to. I work about 3 miles from these caches, so if I'm able to make it, I'll be there early.

Thanks.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang... two of those are on my watch-list, too. I'll be working late all this week. Have fun...
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since rush hour will be horrible tomorrow morning, I have decided to skip it all together and come in to work late, and stay late, and go caching with you guys!! Can't wait to meet you guys in person, I'll be at the parking spot behind the apartments by the Evil Micro waiting for you. Oh, you will definatly want a flashlight (or latern might be better) for the first two caches if you are not starting until 7:30 PM...it was hard enough trying to find them in the light.

Till then.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm assuming that we park and meet at the "free legal parking" refered to on the first cache's page @ N 44 51.892 W 093 24.734 right?

Yeah, I'm decently sure I'll be there tonight...should be fun Smile

Celticwulf
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the suggested parking coords. While there might be other more conveinient ones, I have enough run ins with the law while caching, I don't need anymore Wink

See you guys tonight.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
So I'm assuming that we park and meet at the "free legal parking" refered to on the first cache's page @ N 44 51.892 W 093 24.734 right?

Thats the place I was refering to with my parking directions. It's right behind the apartments, if you on the side road, you'll see it, the only thing after it is a huge parking lot with boat launch access.

See ya then.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I'll be at the suggested parking coords. While there might be other more conveinient ones, I have enough run ins with the law while caching, I don't need anymore Wink

There are no signs (that I saw) that said you couldn't park there, it is right next to a little park area (swings and picnic tables and the like) and I believe it is legal parking for that park, so don't worry about parking there.
ScubaAl
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can park on the street after 5:00PM. Going from memory after 2 trips to find the Evil mico.
Stay warm.
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: