MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MNGCA Geocoin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PassingWind wrote:
For the "online" and distant membership that participate and want to have an active role in the organization and the geocoin process how do we obtain the geocoin designs choices so that we could provide some constructive input ?

I'll be straight up. We are beyond the constructive input state. We formed a committee over six months ago and have gone through a long process to get to a point where we have 3 proposed designs from which the MnGCA membership can choose. We have a marketing plan, we have a manufacturing plan and we have a distribution plan. That was what the committee was formed to accomplish and do so. We the committee elected to let the membership vote on one of the three design concepts. The majority vote is the design concept we will go forward with and produce.

I am sure that if this coin is successful, then we will proceed with a design again in which time I believe that your active participation would be greatly welcomed.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of effort and work has gone into the
decision making at the site and for the coin options. It's
good to hear that they are 3 good options! Thanks for
your efforts. I thought I was all box checked awhile back,
but I must have missed it. I'll be geared for the next
vote... Gotta get my priorities in order. I'm anxious to see
the final pick!

~northtrekker
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice from the Geocoin Committee

Quote:
"It has come to our attention that an unforseen interpretation of membership in the MnGCA has exluded many individuals from helping us select a coin that will represent our organization and state to the geocaching community at large. This part of the process should include as many people as possible, not exclude them. As such we are opening the voting process to ANY member of the MnGCA who was eligible to vote in the fall board elections. We hope that this move will help us present a coin that all Minnesota geocachers can be proud of. This is after all a recreational pastime for many of us, not a life or death matter."

As such I will be working with the webmaster to open the permissions of the voting forum to those that met the definition of MnGCA member at the time of the Fall Membership meeting. Hopefully, that within the next week all those individuals that had met that criteria will see the vote forum. The voting period will not be extended beyond 14 November.

Geocoin Committee Chairman
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
"It has come to our attention that an unforseen interpretation of membership in the MnGCA has exluded many individuals from helping us select a coin that will represent our organization and state to the geocaching community at large. This part of the process should include as many people as possible, not exclude them. As such we are opening the voting process to ANY member of the MnGCA who was eligible to vote in the fall board elections. We hope that this move will help us present a coin that all Minnesota geocachers can be proud of. This is after all a recreational pastime for many of us, not a life or death matter."
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLASH FLASH FLASH

The geocoin voting forum has been opened to forum participants that were eligable to vote in this years Fall Elections. If you were eligable to vote this year then you should have access to the geocoin vote forum listed below.

If you still do not have access and believe that you were eligable to vote please contact me and I will research the issue. It is possible that a member or two may have been missed in the initial cut over. So we will work the issue. But remember you must have been able to vote for this years board in order to be able to vote for the coin design.

I believe that in doing so we have addressed the concerns of the individuals that have spoken out.

http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1812
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The geocoin voting forum has been opened to forum participants that were eligable to vote in this years Fall Elections. If you were eligable to vote this year then you should have access to the geocoin vote forum listed below.

The geocoin voting forum has been opened to forum participants (that's me) that were eligable to vote in this years Fall Elections (that's me). If you were eligable to vote this year then you should have access to the geocoin vote forum (that's not me) listed below.

I guess my interpretation was wrong. Que Sera Sera

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB,

Since you elected to display your comment publicly after I explained to you why you were not allowed to vote. I'll post the explanation here publicly as well.

Quote:
KB

You recently elected to change your status from member to Cache Only. When you did that you specifically made the choice to leave the organization for all of it's good or bad. Had you not made any election at all at the time you would have access to the forum. But because you changed your status you effectively left the organization. I'm sorry but there is not much I can do about that.

The above quote is verbatim what I wrote you. Since you did not ask for any clarification I assume you understood the response. I think that the response stands on its own.

The reason I post it here is to demonstrate that the Coin Committee did listen to the concerns of the membership. We are designing a coin for the organization. Which you were a member of at one time. We opened the forum vote up to those that were members as defined going into the Fall Election. However, you have elected to leave the organization. You made that as a conscious decision after the elections for what ever reason. Because you have left doesn't mean you can invoke the right to membership again just for the purpose of voting. You made a decision that you didn't want anything more to do with the organization. Live with it. You can't have it both ways.

Any other individual that has elected to leave the membership in the since this issue has arisen will also not be privy to the vote. Your not part of the organization any more.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn,

I too, like probably many others, thought all along that we were full members. I joined a relatively long time ago, but obviously a games only membership. Too bad. I was really looking forward to having an input on the new coin. I think a problem that others and myself faced is that we joined when we were so new to caching that we didn't exactly know what and how we were joining. So much info in such a short amount of time. Looking back, I realize now how green I really was. Anyway, looking forward to being able to participate more in the future. Hopefully we will still be able to get one of the cool new coins. Thanks, TheGilby3
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3,

As we posted before, coin sales will be open to any and all from around the world. We will take anyones money. The issue here was meeting the prerequisits in order to vote on a design option. And I won't go into it again, you can read back through the threads.

But believe me as soon as the sales open up, we will be glad to take your money. Laughing
PassingWind
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ? [knock][knock] Hello?
Looks like nobody's home, must be working on those MN geocoins. Just stopped by the look for an update.[/knock]
PassingWind
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PassingWind wrote:
Hello ? [knock][knock] Hello?
Looks like nobody's home, must be working on those MN geocoins. Just stopped by the look for an update.[/knock]
PassingWind

I'm currently putting AA's geocoin page on the web. It is planned to go live in under a week. Delays will be my fault.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
4. Based upon vendor research and our design concepts we determined that we needed to get a minimum of 500 coins sold in order to meet a $7 per coin price point.

Arcticabn wrote:
Coin Sales to Date: 406
as of 1800 hrs CST 16 Nov 05

This is outstanding for just a couple of days of initial sales!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually having been part of the geocoin collector rush, the numbers don't surprise me at all, but that's just a personal opinion. I'd try to venture a guess as to how many coins will sell, but it's hard to say given the amount of purchasing time, probably in a couple weeks I think the sales will slow considerably though.
Team Slytherin
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold the EU coin and the UK coin in the past couple of months. Sales are very strong for the first week and then fade. It will be interesting to see what effect not being trackable has.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sales trend looks something like this.

First 6 hours - 240 sold (1830- 0030 hrs)
First 24 hrs - 400 sold ( 1 full day ending 1800 last night)
Last 12 hrs - 20 sold (this was the second full night on line)

So my initial thought, mad feeding frenzy by those that collect (and of course the complaints about having to wait) followed by an immediate slow down.

No the marketing campaign needs to start. I need to draft a e-mail up that I will send to each of the state organizations asking them to inform their membership of the coin sale and invite them to participate.

Also if any of you have ideas of where to post the information. Rip it right off the gc.com page and use the link to my web site for the image.

As soon as we get the real art back, I'll change the image to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: