MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Owatonna City Parks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Owatonna City Parks Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of negotiations, or a potential geocaching policy? I've had three caches at Mineral Springs, without hearing a thing. And it's not like I can't be contacted.

I decided that some of the other city parks might be worth looking at. Out of 6 I found three areas that I liked. Placed the caches, they were listed, then I received an e-mail concerning a group (we) that was in contact with the city. When I asked about it, I was told that it was basically one guy. I disabled them, and he agreed to pick them up, which I appreciate. Only two were found, and I received e-mail wondering why they were disabled. So I activated the remaining cache. Then I got an e-mail telling me to stop placing caches.

I put a lot of time into those three, and if I'm being bumped out because someone else wants the spot, I don't like that. If meetings are happening, spread the word.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King I'm not sure if this is any help to you at all but the city's contact no is:
Parks and Recreation Department
540 West Hills Circle
507-444-4321

Just wanting to help!
WOW!! 700 acres of city acres of parks and a great golf course....tourism dollars at work!!! I need to make a trip to visit some of the cache in those parks, fall golf, look for a new GPS at Cabella's, take the wife and kids to the waterpark at the hotel. hmmmmm
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d9f8aa20-288d-4bbb-ae61-96dd4cd3e1d3

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=86320

Hmmmm

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we found the culprit--I had no idea the Owatanna Parks and Rec Department required permission. It would have been nice if they would have dropped you an email letting you know what was up, assuming they're the ones who kept taking the caches out of Mineral Springs Park. They must not read the part on the geocaching notice sheet where it says you can contact geocaching.com if there is a problem with where the cache is located.
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be heading down to Owatonna soon to put the boat in storage. Hope to have time to hit some local caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: