MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PQs of your found caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: PQs of your found caches Reply with quote

For those that didn't notice, gc.com is now offering pocket queries of your found caches (it's a one click deal to add it to your queue). You can run the query once every 7 days.

Apparently (I haven't tried it myself) it will return ALL of the caches that you've found, disabled or archived, and is not restricted by the 500 cache limit.

I'm a little confused by it personally as I don't see it being that high on anyone's wish list, but that's just me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it. Came back short 25 of my cache total. But it was fun to plot them on the map all at once and see what it looked like.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apparently (I haven't tried it myself) it will return ALL of the caches that you've found, disabled or archived, and is not restricted by the 500 cache limit.

Apparently nobody has ever hidden more than 500. I can't imagine that Jeremy would discriminate.
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was excited about it but then found out it just gives you only your logs on them. Every few weeks I like to see other cachers experience at some of my favorite caches I have visited. I thought I could cancel 3 of my PQ`s I have set up for found caches, its better than putting a cache on a watch list and receiving an e-mail everytime someone post something on a cache. I dont want all that e-mail. Oh well, good thing I didnt delete the PQ`s.
My results did have all my finds though.
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:

Apparently nobody has ever hidden more than 500. I can't imagine that Jeremy would discriminate.

C'mon KB - you own the caching world record for hides and everybody who's ever done a search (most caches, oldest caches, (in MN), newest, nearest to home coords or otherwise (etc) knows it. This is for people to see what THEY have accomplished - not built to show them your dominance Smile
Let the rest of us feel the glory - Idea

Just a thought, on topic too Twisted Evil
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<to edit double post- ala dialup blues>
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who am I if I don't bask in another cacher's glorious accomplishments anyway?

Heh keep at it KB, gotta break that 1,000 barrier.

Sure now they come up with a pocket query for all found caches... I've already had my finds up to date in GSAK since I started the process 6 months ago, including fixing the tedious archived cache issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: