MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing TBUGS- help locate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Missing TBUGS- help locate Reply with quote

I have 8 TBUGS and 5 are missing. If any one sees these bugs, please let me know.

1. TREMOLO was taken August 15, 2003 by WALLFLOWER from BIG RIDGE SURPRISE in N.MN. This WALLFLOWER does not return my inquiries.
2. JEANNIE's LOVE was taken Sept.12, 2003 from SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD-Duluth by SPEOTYTO
3. WALLEYE went missing in UNNAMED CACHE in a Park near Superior,WIS on Aug 1, 2003. There is no record of it being picked up, but someone reported that it wasn't there when he went to the cache.

OUTSIDE THE AREA:

1. DALA has been missing since Feb. 3, 2003 in the Tonto Nat'l Forest in Arizona. No respsonse in trying to locate it.
2. FROSTY was last placed in TURKEY RUN cache in Kansas on July 7, 2003 no respsonse in trying to locate it
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen them, but I feel your pain--out of my first 8, four went MIA, and out of my second 8, 2 are about to be considered MIA--1 disappeared from a cache, and the only people who should have it from reading the logs doesn't respond to my emails; and the other one was grabbed from a cache by the cache owner, and they haven't been active since they grabbed it (and I wonder how they do cache maintenance when they hardly visit the site). I finally decided to stop mourning my lost bugs, and built a cache especially for releasing the copy tags--http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=98727.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: MIA BUGS Reply with quote

So I guess this is a big problem, not only for us, huh? The only GCing we are into are regular caches and TBUGS- not that we are greedy to "get " the TBUGS- but we do enjoy finding them and seeing what they look like and the story attached to them- Well, thanks for the consolation and advice!
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Missing TBUGS- help locate Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
1. TREMOLO August 15, 2003
2. JEANNIE's LOVE Sept.12, 2003
3. WALLEYE Aug 1, 2003

Hmmm.... these are not so far gone, maybe just stalled and not totally missing. We have had TBugs magically show up months after we think they are gone. It is always a great surprise. Smile
Also sometimes a TBug gets put into a cache but not virtually dropped there, you never know if somebody will find your unlogged bug in a cache and start moving it again for you (I think eagleyes found and moved my Osteo bug this way!) Maybe your TBugs are out there.... just not where you assume they are.

Give it a bit more time...... you just never know
I usually wait 6+ months with no word or movement before declaring a bug MIA (lost in a cache) Crying or Very sad or KIA (lost in the hands of a cacher) Crying or Very sad

I will have to admit that I believe that at least 40% of all the released Tbugs on gc.com are currently missing or lost.....
*people don't know how to log them properly
*or people pick one up and lose interest in geocaching
*or people just don't know what they took
*or caches get plundered with a bug in them.

It's some of the risks you take, but when one TBug does really well.... it is GREAT Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: