MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tower Area Caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Tower Area Caches Reply with quote

Just a hats off to Mommas-Walking for putting out some great caches. Made a trip up to find two of them earlier this week. Both were in great spots. Of course then when I get home and log in, I find three more just got approved. Evil or Very Mad All five make a nice little area to hit, combined with the others already in the greater Tower area. Check them out!
~Team Hooligan.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had lunch with momma yesterday- very nice lady. We are talking about our caches what needs to be filled in between mine and hers. It is nice to have someone to collaborate with and am looking forward to doing some more with her- I turned over an earth cache to her that I have been developing- will work with her on the final details. At least we will have more caches to find now Very Happy
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way- Momma has changed her name to Night Mary
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears cachers will have to wait until May to search for the series of caches out by Nightmary, the former Momas walking. All of her caches have been disabled until the first of May. I don't understand the practice of putting out caches only then to disable them. (four were just placed this week and have not even been found.) Many of us enjoy caching in the winter, provided there is not too much snow, and that is why most of us leave our caches active year round. I believe if you look at the gc rules, these caches would fall under temporary and should be archived. I can understand the temporary closing of some caches due to the deer hunting season. That is a safety issue. However closing down caches for six months seems strange.

So I guess postpone your plans to cache in the Tower area. I do encourage all other area cachers to keep them active. Because if we don't have enough snow to ski, we might as well be caching!
TH
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps she's been talking to eagleyes? This was my Christamas destination! Darn!
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sorry to see that the Tower area caches were closed as well. I scanned the new listings one morning and as I was scanning, they were being closed, one by one. According to the caching guidelines, it does appear that these caches would be listed as "temporary" and should be archived. It is odd to place the cache and close it for 6 months. That is a long period of time.

~northtrekker
____
- as per cache permanence guidelines: When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move (“traveling caches”), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) most likely will not be listed. If you wish to hide caches for an event, bring printouts to the event and hand them out there.
___
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News for those looking forward to finding the series of Tower area caches by Nightmary. Most of these caches have been reactivated and it appears they will remain open. Some great locations to be explored, glad they are being left in place for the winter. Laughing
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Hooligan wrote:
Good News for those looking forward to finding the series of Tower area caches by Nightmary. Most of these caches have been reactivated and it appears they will remain open. Some great locations to be explored, glad they are being left in place for the winter. Laughing

Thank you Nightmary!! I look forward to visiting them around Christmas when I visit my father who lives on the Cook end of Vermilion.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great those caches are open again. I really enjoy the Tower/Ely
area and it's always fun to toss in geocaching to an already good thing!
Thanks NMary for bringing them back!
Wink

~northtrekker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: