MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wisconsin Parks and Recreation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Wisconsin Parks and Recreation Reply with quote

GCQ2QZ (sorry... I am terrible at making certain kinds of links)

I would love to see something like this closer to home.... I applaud KB for putting together the Halloween Hoopla.....but wouldn't it be cool if Minnesota parks/ recreation were this supportive to geocaching?

just thinking out loud

Shawn
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow GCQ2QZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a blast as does KB's Halloween Hoopla, when I
will be Hooplah-ing on and around the Gunflint area that weekend!
Geocachers seem to have this grand appreciation for fun. Gotta love it!

~nt
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

The people behind the Greenfield Parks events are geocachers who work for the Parks Dept.

They have hosted several quality events:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=GreenfieldParksRec
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do an event like this...been thinking about it since the Lester Park Bash...if I can get a couple of the Duluth local cachers to help, maybe next spring???
Wisconsin Searchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the folks that put on this particular event are directly members of geocaching as well as sit on this committee. Small events (Really they are quite big, but in comparison the the large WGA events they are not so big) such as this has really helped to bridge relationships with land owners and other organizations such as parks and rec, DNR, county officials, etc. This has really helped other cities as well.

The WGA board of directors has also been working with the DNR to develop and agreement regarding geocaching on state lands...which is really going well. We also recently have opened up an entire city (Madison) which had banned geocaching in its parks to now allowing it.

If anyone is interested in info that we have regarding this let me know. It is a long slow process...which I am sure your board is already working on. Long gone are the days of geocaching "under the radar"...we have just grown too big for that.

Ms. WISearcher
WGA VP
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The WGA board of directors has also been working with the DNR to develop and agreement regarding geocaching on state lands...which is really going well. We also recently have opened up an entire city (Madison) which had banned geocaching in its parks to now allowing it.

If anyone is interested in info that we have regarding this let me know. It is a long slow process...which I am sure your board is already working on. Long gone are the days of geocaching "under the radar"...we have just grown too big for that.

Thank You very much!! Although I am not on the MnGCA board (and therefore don't feel comfortable speaking on behalf of the MnGCA) I do know that our board is dealing with these kind of issues...... I feel that any input/ info we can get that can help for the good of geocaching in Minnesota would be a welcome sight Very Happy
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Searchers wrote:
Yes, the folks that put on this particular event are directly members of geocaching as well as sit on this committee. Small events (Really they are quite big, but in comparison the the large WGA events they are not so big) such as this has really helped to bridge relationships with land owners and other organizations such as parks and rec, DNR, county officials, etc. This has really helped other cities as well.

Ms. WISearcher
WGA VP

Wisconsin Searchers is not a registered name on Geocaching.com. WISearcher has denied writing this post in an e-mail I received. I have written to the WGA VP to get confirmation of this post, but haven't heard back yet.

Webmaster: What is the location of the IP address that posted this?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WISearchers need to contact me directly if they feel they are being misrepresented by another user.
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
WISearchers

It did sound pretty legit, but they signed WISearcher, not WISearchers, with an 's'. I contacted the wrong person to thank them for their offer.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ grep WI .geo-alias
.geo-alias:Wisconsin Searchers  WISeachers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: