MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My GPS broke!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: My GPS broke!!!!! OH NO!!!!!! Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad My Garmin Legend unit just pooped out on me!!!! Luckily I have a replacement warranty so I'll get a new one (now for the bad part) in about a month!!! Shocked I think I'll be able to use it though, just have to be creative. The little cursor/button on the front of the unit won't move the cursor left and right, only up and down. Anyone else have this problem now or in the past? Or any other problem I should be on the lookout for with this unit?
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glue holding the black rubber around the etrex units eventually turns into soup--mine did this, and I sent it in, and they found that the memory battery was leaking, so they replaced the memory battery, front and back covers, rubber band, and screen, all for nothing, and it was an out-of-warrantee unit. It also came back home 9 days after I mailed it in. After they replace the rubber band, they say the glue shouldn't fail again--but they always say keep electronics out of direct sunlight, then you have to put the bugger up in your windshield to get good reception....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: