MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start time for Breakfast Buddies Events
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Preferred Start Time for Future Breakfast Buddies
8:00 AM (unchanged)
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
8:30 AM
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9:00 AM
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
9:30 AM
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
10:00 AM
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Start time for Breakfast Buddies Events Reply with quote

It has been suggested here that we change the start time of the Breakfast Buddes Events from 8 AM to 9 AM. Please let us know what you think!

edit poll length to 7 days

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the votes continue to come in the way the currently are (7 votes for no change, 8 votes for a later time at the time of this posting), I'd suggest that you consider switching off occasionally, have a later one every once in a while, no one says that they all have to be at the same time (or if someone does, I disagree with them). Just a thought.

Have a great day all!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have had problems in the past remembering which date it was because they were always on the last Saturday of the month. If we happen to move it due to holidays or conflicting events then people end up showing up w/no event Sad

There has to be some sort of consistency to the setup. I'm happy to move the time if the majority decides that it's best to do so but I'm not going to change the times unless the event venue dictates it (i.e. we don't use an OCB and they open at a later time).

The vote will close on the 17th.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, heaven forbid we actually ask people to actually read the cache details to see the location and time!! or to sign up ahead of time (like we did with the last woodbury event).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Yes, heaven forbid we actually ask people to actually read the cache details to see the location and time!! or to sign up ahead of time (like we did with the last woodbury event).

I'm here to make this as easy and welcoming as possible to all interested parties, there's no need to get fiesty over it.

It's just breakfast with geocachers afterall. Smile
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect that, and if a clear majority wants the time to stay the same, I will be more than happy to relent to their feelings; I also want to make this as easy as possible for people, thats why I suggested the later time, to make it easier for people.

All I'm saying is that if it's a split decision where a clear majority is not found, alternating times wouldn't be that difficult, and it isn't asking too much from our members/potential members to open the cache details and see the time and location (they already have to do this to see the address of the location).
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
All I'm saying is that if it's a split decision where a clear majority is not found, alternating times wouldn't be that difficult, and it isn't asking too much from our members/potential members to open the cache and see the time and location.

Thanks for your suggestions on how to make our association's events better. We appreciate everyone's input!
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, the one at the end of December needs to start a little bit later so that we don't have to leave the cities before 0500.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
However, the one at the end of December needs to start a little bit later so that we don't have to leave the cities before 0500.

Night cache all the way up!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:

Make it into a all-night cache trip and hit the Dark Forest of Knowlton and Mr Smiley Returns. You'll need to start pretty early in the night, but they're worth it. Just think - a 24 hour caching trip!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Am I missing something here. I have been pretty busy at work lately but hopefully in a month or so I will be back to a normal work schedule again. Where is this event going to be at? Is it going to be out my direction or will it be up north by duluth? I would still like to get to one of these events someday. It sounds like a fun time had by all.

Could someone maybe reference where the event is taking place in December?

Thanks,
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more comment. I would prefer the 9 am. time normally if I was going to attend one of these events due to the travel time for me. After all it is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me just to get to the TC. Let alone find out where I'm going once I would get there. Has there been any thought of haveing an event out my direction? Say in Willmar?

Just asking.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Just one more comment. I would prefer the 9 am. time normally if I was going to attend one of these events due to the travel time for me. After all it is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me just to get to the TC. Let alone find out where I'm going once I would get there. Has there been any thought of haveing an event out my direction? Say in Willmar?

As of right now, no, there hasn't been a plan to put one in Willmar. The next planned one in Greater Minnesota is Duluth. There will be two more in the metro and the next one out of the metro will be Mankato. I'll be looking for a location further out for the one following that but it's so far away that it's just not a priority right now.

I have thought about putting it out in Fargo/Moorhead though.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any rule that you can't host your OWN event.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
I don't know of any rule that you can't host your OWN event.

Thats not a bad idea. As it stands now, it looks like it's split right down the center, with half the people wanting a later breakfast, and half wanting it to stay the same. If the decision is made to keep the same time, maybe I'll host my own breakfast at a later time.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: