MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache Reviewer

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Cache Reviewer Reply with quote

Though I don't know the facts, it seems apparent to me that the number of active participants in Geocaching is increasing (new people start, some of the old hands lose interest, but the net seems to be on the rise).

One thing seems to be constant though. As far as I know, Minnesota has one overworked guy reviewing all of our cache submissions. I think he also has to moderate parts of the GC forum too.

Where are we in getting a second resource doing submission review? It's kind of a lottery right now for timing from submission to approval. If you get lucky, it might get approval in a few hours. It sometimes takes a week though. I seem to recall some mention of getting a "local" reviewer to handle some of the workload. Any progress with that?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Reviewer Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:
Though I don't know the facts, it seems apparent to me that the number of active participants in Geocaching is increasing (new people start, some of the old hands lose interest, but the net seems to be on the rise).

One thing seems to be constant though. As far as I know, Minnesota has one overworked guy reviewing all of our cache submissions. I think he also has to moderate parts of the GC forum too.

I don't think he HAS to do that, although he chooses to. mtn-man also reviews for other states (MN isn't the only one).

Quote:
Where are we in getting a second resource doing submission review? It's kind of a lottery right now for timing from submission to approval. If you get lucky, it might get approval in a few hours. It sometimes takes a week though. I seem to recall some mention of getting a "local" reviewer to handle some of the workload. Any progress with that?

See the third post down on this page dated in August of this year.

It's a bummer that we still don't have a local approver, yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion has been on-going in various threads (including this one). I'm locking this thread and moving it to Geocaching Websites where it belongs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: