MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interest in Senior Games Geo-Caching event??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Interest in Senior Games Geo-Caching event?? Reply with quote

I would like to see if there would be any interest out there for senior cachers to participate in a timed-caching event as part of our Northland Senior Games - Minnesotas Senior Olympics in Duluth next June. Since geo-caching is not a sport at the National Senior Games, this would just be a demonstration event (cannot qualify for Nationals in it). We do have 15 events that you can qualify for Nationals in (for example, bowling, swimming, track and field, etc.).

The cost would be the same as for all of our events, about $30, and includes a Senior Games t-shirt and food at the opening ceremonies.

I would not divide it into age groups or by sex, but just do a gold, silver and bronze medal for the first 3 places..unless the numbers were high.

Only those who are 50 years old and older by December 31, 2006 could participate.

Link to old information:
http://www.ci.duluth.mn.us/city/parksandrecreation/Secondarypages/seniorgames/index.htm

Let me know what you think..thanks!!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you need volunteers that are unable to participate? I was a regular participant in swimming for the Keystone State Games as a kid and while I'm no longer involved w/that I'd love to help out wherever needed for another States Games atomosphere.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeti tossing as an event anyone? Wink Wink

Actually, I too would be willing to help out with such an event if needed.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Would you need volunteers that are unable to participate?

That would have been my next question if there is interest. All of the events have volunteer coordinators that run the event itself. Coordinators/co-coordinators get polo shirts and other volunteers get volunteer t-shirts...so, yes!

Since our games are "open", meaning anyone from any state can participate, I was going to post it in GC.com forum as well.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
Yeti tossing as an event anyone? Wink Wink

Actually, I too would be willing to help out with such an event if needed.

I will definitely keep in you mind..thanks!!

There is another state that has washer tossing..not the big ones, the little ones.. Smile
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I meant I would help with the geocaching event. The yeti tossing was just a jab at everyone's favorite yeti, Silent Bob.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
Sorry. I meant I would help with the geocaching event. The yeti tossing was just a jab at everyone's favorite yeti, Silent Bob.

Yep, I knew you meant the geocaching...but feel free to toss SB around anytime, I'm sure Marsha might have recently Laughing
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear mention there's a free Tshirt to volunteers???

I'm always game for that, tell me the geocaching event is on a weekend and I'll show up to help out. If it's all week I might have more of a schedule conflict...
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
tell me the geocaching event is on a weekend and I'll show up to help out. If it's all week I might have more of a schedule conflict...

All of our events are the last full week of June, so it would probably be on Tuesday to allow Wednesday to be a raindate.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, well I'll see if I can swing it, dunno where I'll be working come june, I expect there's some time to decide yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: