MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thought and prayers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Thought and prayers Reply with quote

Please send your good thoughts and prayers out to the Twin Cities' favorite Mississippian, drat19 who lives in Biloxi which seems to be one of the areas hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina yesterday.

Dave, I hope you and your loved ones all came out relatively unscathed!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from drat19 this morning:

Quote:
Txt my only option right now - status- we r wiped out literally - house & cars completely flooded out - family all alive thankfully

Quote:
Appreciated - geo-headlamp has come in handy w no power btw

Quote:
Please also post sincere thx for everyones moral support - all of east biloxi either flooded or just plain destroyed

Please keep drat in your thoughts and prayers. At least he's ok!
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to hear that everyone is safe!! Bummer that everything is wiped out!! IF there is anything, ANYTHING! that us Minnesota people can help with PLEASE ASK!! I can only speak for myself as far as Doing goes. But there are a lot of people that can help in all kinds of ways!! Please keep us up to date. GOOD LUCK!! Dave, You and your family and friends are all in our thoughts and prayers!!
Cooky and Bear
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, my thoughts and prayers go out to all affected, especially Drat and his family. I was notified last night that my agency (DHS) will be deploying a number of folks to the region to help FEMA, and that I may leave as early as tomorrow.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never met drat19, but I am glad to hear he and his family are safe... the stuff will be replaced, but it still must be very hard to know you've lost everything. If anyone's interested in taking up a collection of essential items, such as clothing, etc. to send down to them (once they are allowing mails/deliveries), I would be most willing to chip in...
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Still kickin' Reply with quote

Got a rare opp'y to be in a powered and connected building today and get online, so if any of y'all post replies I may not see them for a while.

Our families are all alive and reasonably well. Some perspective: My wife and I lived in a group of 3 family homes in East Biloxi...next door to us was my Dad-in-law and 2 of my wife's siblings, and next door to that 2 of my Dad-in-law's siblings.

We rode out the storm on the 2nd floor of my Dad-in-law's house, going under the same assumption as everyone else - "it couldn't be worse than Camille (1969, worst storm (until now) to ever hit the USA) was". My Dad-in-law's house did not flood during Camille...the 3 houses are at around 20 ft elevation...a "neighborhood high spot" if you will.

Wrong. All 3 of our houses were flooded by Katrina (around 6 ft), and all contents, except what we could salvage the last few days, ruined. However, it was a blessing that we stayed....we pulled out 4 neighboring families as the water rose and they rode out the storm with us upstairs.

We are also blessed in that we are able to stay at our cousin (and fellow cacher) TarribleT's house in West Biloxi...he sustained a bit of roof damage but otherwise is in good shape.

So, while I'm technically "homeless", I consider myself and my family members to be FAR more fortunate than so many others throughout the Coast (and N.O. of course) who are in far, far worse shape. We will be OK.

Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers, and we'll talk again as I am able.

-Dave R. ('drat19') in Biloxi
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update drat19. Kim and I keep you in our thoughts and wish you the best for a safe and fast recovery.

Please let us know if you need anything.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness you guys are safe, our prayers are with you.

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Please let us know if you need anything.

Amen brother, keep in touch Dave.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, I'll say it as well:

If you need anything, let us know.

Glad to hear that you are okay.

-Aaron
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear you're okay, and like everyone else, let us know if you need anything.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat- Glad to hear you and your family are ok! You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,

Thanks for checking in.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate all!

-Dave R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: