MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$6 too much for a TBUG tag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: $6 too much for a TBUG tag Reply with quote

I have decided that I am not buying any more of those TBUG tags- $6 is just way too much- I had to draw the line somewhere!
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever try http://travelertags.com ? You can put them on anything or make your own tag. Then if they go missing you still have saved enough for a couple gallons of gas! Very Happy
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where on the page does it say where you can buy them or is it just an idea page on hoe to make your own?
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under main menu on the left side of page. It says Get more tags. They give you 5 free ones when you register. Then you can win some, or buy 10 for $10.00. You can also buy their version of a dog tag or wooden nickles etc.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how I missed THAT!!! Rolling Eyes Tired I guess after 3 days of paddling into the wind!!!! I will look into it- I assume this is a private organization apart from gc.com?

Last edited by eagleyes on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BananaForce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSr wrote:
Ever try http://travelertags.com ?

Looks like that site needs some work. I try looking for tags that were around here and the ones that show up in the search all started here, but are all in other states now. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in my book that isn't all that helpful.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....my search showed ones that were last seen in my area. Many have been picked up by others and are in thier possession, and I assume will not be remapped until they are dropped elsewhere.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
BananaForce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha! I see the problem. Turns out that for the ones I was looking at multiple people had logged there pick ups, but they didn't log their release. So the last release was in MN, but then someone moved it to another state and didn't log the release, and another person picked it up and moved yet to another state with out logging the release. So the last known location was in MN, but the poor little traveler isn't getting credit for all of it's move miles because pick ups don't register the location on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: