MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

too many darn bugs on geocaching. com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: too many darn bugs on geocaching. com Reply with quote

I just wrote about a 1000 word note for the Moving 123 cache. When I tried to log it, I was sent to "My cache page" I hit the "back" on my browser and it was wiped out.

I've learned when submitting a cache to copy, before sending it.

There are times when I try to upload a photo, and I get sent somewhere else. It doesn't make sense.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you did upload a pic, KB, you wouldn't be able to see it anyway. Case in point, on my webcam cache for instance, try to look at the pics that have been uploaded. They cannot be viewed anymore, at least I myself can't see them. I doubt theres a problem with my browser, but I used to be able to see the photos before the site changed. Anyone else have that problem?
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see them

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
mtn-man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the pics on your page too WS. I don't know what the problem is there if you cannot see them. I have not heard of that before. Maybe you could post a message in the GC.com Forums under the "Geocaching.com Discussion" section. Lots of technical folks hang out in there and they may have some suggestions.

King, here is a trick that has worked for me. When you get that error screen hit "refresh" or F5. A window should come up that asks you if you want to send the information again. Click yes. That may send the note through. I still cut and paste long notes into word myself to spell check them and to have them just in case.
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....after a few minutes of investigating browser settings again and finding nothing wrong, I started looking into Zone Alarm Pro settings and switched off the ad blocking function. All pics show now.

Problem: ID10t error (operator)

Solution: Leave default settings alone....... Rolling Eyes
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB: Before evil Javascript was introduced to the site, you could hit the back button and then resubmit the failed log page with the submit button. But now you have to do what MtnMan suggests.

I specifically called out this problem to Jeremy, and that was also what he said to do. Training users to avoid what is clearly a bug is a hard position to defend, unless you have a monopoly.

The Javascript stuff has broken other things, not the least of which is the ability to browse the site with some popular PDA web browsers.

-Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: