MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocoins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Geocoins Reply with quote

Considering the availability of geocoins out there now, I've amassed a few extras that probably won't ever be traded, as most collectors on a national level already have them. I'll be using some for FTF prizes in new caches, but that still leaves me with a few extra.

I thought I'd check with the local cachers and see if there's any interest in wanting to aquire some of these coins, most of them are sold out now, but some aren't, I'll post a list this evening of what I have and I'll let you know how scarce it is to find them.

Also, since I belong to a geocoin purchasing group, I sometimes get access to harder to purchase coins, while sometimes I can trade them, most times I end up with an extra or two, so I'll post them in here when I have an extra to sell.

Currently my group is making a purchase of germany geocoins, of which I have the option to purchase as many as I'd like, either in the standard bronze ($9+shipping), or the gold ($12 + shipping) and silver ($10.50 + shipping) editions. If anyone is interested in getting any, I can add to my order of them. I'll need to know before the 25th though, as that's the cutoff date.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocoins Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
Also, since I belong to a geocoin purchasing group, I sometimes get access to harder to purchase coins, while sometimes I can trade them, most times I end up with an extra or two, so I'll post them in here when I have an extra to sell.

Can you tell us more about the group?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocoins Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Can you tell us more about the group?

Only that there's a hefty waiting list to get in it, originally it was a group of 10 cachers nationwide, I happened to get lucky and be one of the first 10 to email the coordinator (nursedave) and get in it. Since then they've added about 10 more people to the list, as Nursedave thinks he can handle it.

There is a geocoin club thing starting up

http://www.geocoinclub.com/code.php

more of a subscription based service, you get a new coin every month.

Here's what I got now.

All will be available at 5 bucks a piece, probably a decent deal considering no shipping Wink

1 - Texas 2005 (tracking on texasgeocaching.com)
1 - Conejo Cachers 2004 (tracking on denniscoins.com/geocaching)
1 - Calgary 2005 (tracking is in the works on calgarycachers.ca, not up yet though)
1 - Geocachers of West Tennesse (tracking on travelertags.com)

There'll be more from time to time, I'll post em as they are available.

Last edited by KC0GRN on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split off coin discussion (per Pear Head's suggestion) and moved it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: