MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Trails and Rochester City Parks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pez Tonto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: State Trails and Rochester City Parks Reply with quote

I've been caching for a few months now and have really enjoyed it, so I think it's about time that I placed a cache. However, with the discussion of MN DNR rules here and the reports of bomb scares in other areas of the country, I'm concerned about placing a cache appropriately so as to not cause problems for myself or other geocachers.

I'm located in the Rochester area and considering a location on a state trail or on the city bike trail. So, two questions that I hope someone can help with:

1) What is the policy re: caching on state trails?

2) Does the Rochester city park department have a policy on caching? Any suggestions with how to proceed in placing a cache on city park land?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the work many of you have done to make land managing organizations more aware of and receptive to caching.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: State Trails and Rochester City Parks Reply with quote

Pez Tonto wrote:
1) What is the policy re: caching on state trails?

If they are controlled by the MN DNR we have to assume that it's banned until they say otherwise. If you contact them and they give you permission please notify us and note on your cache page that they gave you permission.

Quote:
2) Does the Rochester city park department have a policy on caching? Any suggestions with how to proceed in placing a cache on city park land?

As far as we know, no, they don't have any policy in place. I have cached in Rochester and enjoyed all the ones we did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: