MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITO Day Cache - Archived

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: CITO Day Cache - Archived Reply with quote

In spite of the Board's desire to sweep this aside, I feel there is more to discuss on this topic.

I'm happy to see that the Board apparently talked to mtn-man and persuaded him to unarchive Centris' cache. In my opinion thre is still one bit of business that needs to be taken care of. The Board owes Centris an apology for the way this matter was handled.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair....some apologies were made in the other thread. However, (and I know nobody asked for my opinion) it was my impression too, that to make things....shall we say ‘Minnesota nice’, a general public apology for the whole mishap could certainly be inserted here.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Day Cache - Archived Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
In spite of the Board's desire to sweep this aside, I feel there is more to discuss on this topic.

I'm happy to see that the Board apparently talked to mtn-man and persuaded him to unarchive Centris' cache. In my opinion thre is still one bit of business that needs to be taken care of. The Board owes Centris an apology for the way this matter was handled.

Centris wrote:
Yes indeed, this was a footnote on a lengthy and (what I thought) a sincere apology on March 26th.

s4xton wrote:
When Centris spoke out about it later (it was two weeks later I believe), the Board immediately formed a reply, and I personally apologized to her for the error.

As Centris eluded in another previous public post... This apology has already taken place.... This issue is over and done with, apologies have already been issued we have moved on to other items of importance. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Board owes Centris an apology for the way this matter was handled.

As has been stated before, Centris received her apology from the very instant she raised the issue with the board. If anything, she oweds the board an apology for her allegations of secrecy, conspiracy, etc.

The problem was just as much her fault as anyone elses. She apparently failed to respond to an e-mail that would have resolved the situation very early on. It was only an issue to begin with because she listed the cache owner as MnGCA. This board has been very good in opening up records of the organization for membership viewing. Previous boards did not do that. For example, the previous board was asked for copies of the bylaws which we were assured existed. They were asked several times. The documents were never delivered. Now the bylaws are posted for all to see, along with all of the other records. When it comes to allegations of "secrecy" and accountability, people in glass houses should not throw stones.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize there was a new thread about this.....

We are all involved in the little picky details and there are only a few people who know the whole story. Anybody can make "their side" the "right side" and everybody is going to take the side of their friends. There can never be a winner in this..... so I am personally asking this to stop.

The *real* root of this problem lies in that geocaching.com should never have given anybody any cache from any active geocacher in the first place without knowing they had specific permission. Even if the cache said MNGCA on every other sentence. Nobody has the right to request caches moved around from account to account without permission or at least some sort of proof that the cache is either abandoned or neglected or the cacher is no longer active, no matter who they are. That is the big picture here.... not the little local details.

Nobody from geo.com even questioned it or checked it out. Even after I complained about it directly to geo.com, nothing was done by them or followed up with. That is just wrong. Geo.com should have guidelines in place that protect cache owners and then they should abide by those guidelines. No local/state association anywhere should be able to take anything from anybody just on their say so. I'm sure it used to be common practice, but not anymore.

I seriously doubt geo.com will ever let this happen again anywhere. Therefore, this issue is dead.

Geo.com has finally agreed to my requests. I got the cache restored to it's original condition, and I have re-vamped it to fit the parameters of the MNGCA demands and now this issue is over. (You can call off your lawyer now).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Idea Idea The real issue is CITO - just go do it!! Idea Idea

Log it on my cache or don't log it, but please don't ignore the fact that this is an important issue here in Minnesota and needs to be worked on.
It doesn't matter who is promoting it or hosting it.... either me or the association or somebody else, its all for the same great cause. Any hard feelings need to be pushed aside by everybody.

CITO is what matters. Especially now in the summer.
Commit to taking a baggie with you and picking up even two or three bits of trash at each cache you go to. It will soon add up and make a real difference.

Just go do it. Every bit helps.

(Bill -- lets lock this thread up too - OK?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: