MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITO Day Cache - Archived
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

Last edited by King Boreas on Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the MNGCA board and MNGCA:

The discussions here illuminate differences between members with some underlying tensions. I have been working on a major CITO that will need help and I am not encouraged by anything in this discussion. To the contrary, I am now quite concerned about stepping on someones toes or stepping on a land mine. Having only been a member for a very short time I don't begin to know all of what is going on here, but it sure looks to me like it is more than what lies on the surface.

I don't know what your intent was. I dont know anything other than what has been posted here. I do know that it has made me very seriously rethink my plans. That rethinking includes of necessity resigning my membership, which since this is not really a formal relationship may really be more a formal announcement of my severance of any and all relationship with MNGCA. Then proceeding with my plans and just handling it as a simple Geocaching cache seperate from any link or connection with MNGCA as seems clearly desired by the board of MNGCA.

That to me is wholly counter to the purpose of having an organization. CITO is a worthy project for MNGCA. MNGCA should be an organization to further communal objectives of it's members. Granted, the board has the authority to act for the group, and needs to be able to do so. But, why *should* the board act in a matter that poses no threat to the organization without finding a consensus from the members? It is not at all like you couldn't hold a form of general meeting to seek consensus on line. Having attended the annual meeting the identification procedures there were less rigorous than for me to express myself here.

Your lack of openness, and while you may not have intended the autonomous position you have wound up in, that autonomy has now caused a problem that affects me. I need to know in blunt terms what the heck were you thinking and why so that I may decide how I wish to proceed. The discussion so far has focused on who did what, who said what. I want to know from you why personalyyou did what you did. I don't know any of you. I don't want to guess at why.

We are technically literate enough to facilitate on line discussion and information exchange necessary to make an organization function
decently. Why aren't we doing it?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Article 4, Section 3 of the MnGCA Bylaws:

Quote:
Section 3: Association Sponsored Events
All Association Sponsored Events are to be Board approved. Functions may be brought forward by a Board-approved committee.

MnGCA members are encouraged to host events individually and may display the “Proud Member of the MnGCA” label. These events are the responsibility of the individual member.

Please feel free to organize and host your own CITO event and even place "Proud Member of the MnGCA" on the cache page (see any one of my own cache pages for an example) if you would like.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles58 wrote:
Your lack of openness, and while you may not have intended the autonomous position you have wound up in, that autonomy has now caused a problem that affects me. I need to know in blunt terms what the heck were you thinking and why so that I may decide how I wish to proceed. The discussion so far has focused on who did what, who said what. I want to know from you why personalyyou did what you did. I don't know any of you. I don't want to guess at why.

If you haven't already requested them, request the board minutes from the June 6, 2005 meeting as well as the email votes surrounding the CITO event using the link SB provided earlier in the thread.

They are informative and do show what the board was up to. To me it took a lot of the "guess at why" out of the picture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
miles58
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:

If you haven't already requested them, request the board minutes from the June 6, 2005 meeting as well as the email votes surrounding the CITO event using the link SB provided earlier in the thread.

They are informative and do show what the board was up to. To me it took a lot of the "guess at why" out of the picture.

Thanks Pear Head, this whole discussion has too much missing information for a new person.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see here: http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15701#15701 for information regarding obtaining the 2005 MnGCA Board Meeting Minutes.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been informed from groundspeak.com that mtn-man will unarchive the cache per Centris' wishes.

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the recent attention on this topic, I'd like to mention that the City of Saint Paul was very generous for the Earth Day CITO. My wonderful co-host was able to get dozens of pairs of gloves and 100's of garbage bags. If you're going to organize a CITO event, don't be afraid to ask the park for assistance.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original topic of this thread "CITO Day Cache - Archived" has now run its course and because the cache will be unarchived per Centris' wishes there is no further discussion required on this specific topic.

Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: