MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laker Game issues list.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Early Starts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Laker Game issues list. Reply with quote

I have had a ton of fun playing the Laker Game. Thanks to all who have worked on it. I wanted to start a list area for issues with the Laker Game page so it could be made better. I will start off with a couple that would be great to get fixed before the round ends on Thursday:

1) There is a bug in the scoring that prevents someone who picked up and dropped off a laker in a prior round from getting points for picking up and dropping the same laker in a future round.

2) There is a laker that was logged in 2008 and it prevents me and others from being able to log that laker.

3) The map is messed up because a laker has the wrong code entered and it looks like it is in another state.

4) I have picked up and dropped "Moose" but I don't seem to have gotten credit for it. Not sure what is wrong there.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the list. Really. Embarassed

Sadly I've known of most of these issues since early in round 2 but haven't been able to do any caching, much less maintain the site. As Round 2 is scheduled to end soon (thanks for the reminder Pear Head) I will make a point of solving these issues and removing "lost" lakers from play this week. I will also contact those who have offered to help with the site (starting with those with a working knowledge of php) and get a plan together for a shared admin environment.

Thanks for your patience. More soon.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Game issues list. Reply with quote

Early Starts wrote:

2) There is a laker that was logged in 2008 and it prevents me and others from being able to log that laker.

This is fixed.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Game issues list. Reply with quote

Early Starts wrote:

3) The map is messed up because a laker has the wrong code entered and it looks like it is in another state.

Fixed.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Game issues list. Reply with quote

Early Starts wrote:

1) There is a bug in the scoring that prevents someone who picked up and dropped off a laker in a prior round from getting points for picking up and dropping the same laker in a future round.

4) I have picked up and dropped "Moose" but I don't seem to have gotten credit for it. Not sure what is wrong there.

These are now fixed as well. #4 was an input issue and not a system problem.
Early Starts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Towlebooth for fixing tons of problems and pointing out my entry issue.

I see that laker "Bush" comes up on the Mpls/Stp map near St Paul when it should be down south of Mankato. Has the GC code been entered wrong?
Early Starts
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Early Starts wrote:

These are now fixed as well. #4 was an input issue and not a system problem.

#1 does not appear to be fixed yet.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Starts wrote:

Shoot -- you're right. I will look at in Monday night. Was out of town this weekend. . .
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Laker Game - thanks! Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say thanks for the fun on round 2 of the Laker Game.
It seems that there is a ton of work involved in setting it up! Thanks Towlebooth and everyone else who works on the game & of course, those of you who play! Sure am glad I bought this GPS at the end of July. Very Happy

NTrek

pssssst.. you do know that La Brie isn't in GymTracker right?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Starts wrote:

Got it this time! Well, at least I think that we're moving in the right direction.

Laughing

Fixed the data too so the stats should be correct now. Please watch your points over the next few days and help me make sure it's good.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mngca.org/cacher.php?guid=7a52ecb2ab55c40a5d5bb7e153ca498f

Waypoint was entered wrong for Indian Park Cache. It should be a zero and not a "O": http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gck0cp

towlebooth, currently there are no "O"'s in the waypoint names. Perhaps a simple check for O's and change them to zero?

edit: grammar
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it in the database. The maps will be fixed as soon as another Laker is moved.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until further notice please do not log Laker pieces into unapproved caches as it is not allowing the Laker Map to update properly. Please hold onto the piece until the cache is approved and then drop it.

Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: