MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone seen Wormburner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
team_canyonero
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Anyone seen Wormburner Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've got a bad feeling about my TB "Wormburner." I think he's been abducted.
Last seen in the hands of Ice Tres, and apparently put in one of King B's caches which has since been archived.
If anyone knows of his whereabouts, or knows Ice Tres, can you please let me know.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks to King Boreas who has been helping me already.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=5173
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see (on the bug's page) is that it's currently in a cache (owned by Ice Tres) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c618bf26-3c78-4379-98ac-e2f5816792e2

He says it will be reactivated this week on the 24th. Perhaps it's there.
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Talk about abduction Reply with quote

I hope you find wormburner, but as people have pointed out, travel bugging is a dangerous business.

I just had one of mine (Top Cat Run Amok), abducted for sure. I got an email from someone saying he had found only the tag. I figured the chain had broken so I asked him to mail the tag back to me.

Well the tag just arrived in the mail, and the chain is still on it. Looks to me as if somebody intentionally undid the chain, removed the cat, rehooked the chain, and dropped the tag in the cache. I'm thinking some kid couldn't live without the cat and dad was unable to explain successfully the concept of travel bugs.

Oh well, at least I have the tag back and can start again.

At the moment, 3 of my 4 bugs are in some peril. Besides Top Cat, I have another that's somewhere on the coast of California in what has become a fenced-off, no-tresspassing construction zone. I'm not holding much hope there.

Another -- a coin -- has been the first finder for about 10 weeks. I sent him an email about a month ago to check on it's status and he said he was waiting for warmer weather to go caching again. Hey, it might hit 95 degrees today. Would that be warm enough?

I am happy report, however, that the fourth one -- another coin -- has moved twice in the past few days. So far it has visited 5 caches and covered 14 miles. At least nobody's wearing out any tires moving that one around.
team_canyonero
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From what I see (on the bug's page) is that it's currently in a cache (owned by Ice Tres) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c618bf26-3c78-4379-98ac-e2f5816792e2

He says it will be reactivated this week on the 24th. Perhaps it's there.

Yeah i've been in contact with Ice Tres. He put it in Pining for It virtually. He says he put it in another cache in the area but when he went to log it, the cache page wasn't on the website anymore (ie. converted to members only cache). They went back to the cache to retrieve the TB and the cache wasn't there anymore. That cache has since been archived.

I had a similar instance with another TB. And when I kicked up a fuss in the forums it magically appeared in a cache a couple of months later. I suspect a cachers kid probably couldn't let it go or someone was keeping it as a trophy or something, blissfully unaware of what it was... Once it was on it's way, it was destroyed in a forest fire 2 weeks after that... Sad

I'll "hope" for a little while longer before i put him in the TB Graveyard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: